Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: what does your screen name mean?

Default what does your screen name mean?

I don't mean to put anybody on the spot here. But why exactly did you use the name you use? or was it just a spur of the moment thing?

Especially the newbies.

[if it's obvious don't say anything]
    Last edited by owen; May 20, 2006 at 12:57 AM.

Default Re:what does your screen name mean?

Let's see ... hmmm ... because that's the name my parents gave me ;D

I think the word you are looking for owen is Spur of the moment... not spere...

The next time you're not sure of the spelling for a word, check this site: www.m-w.com.

Xenocrates was Plato's contemporary. He became the new chancellor of the Academy (the world's first real university) a few years after Plato's death. He took charge of the Academy after Plato's nephew Speusippus was elected over Aristotle, a close friend, (and best student of) Plato.

Xenocrates liked to perplex his students with riddle-like questions, and statements, allowing them to come to the answer on their own reasoning. This allowed his students to become more refined and convicted in what they had learned through the answers to the questions, hence ensuring their new-found knowledge was not easily forgotten, or indoctrinated.

This is a teaching style still used today by many lecturers, preachers and teachers at universities and biblical assemblies. It was something I became most fond of, and admittedly, quite skilled at. My lecturer bragged to her co-workers that there was an Aristotelian student in her class. After a presentation I made, her co-worker (and superior) referred to my presentation style by calling me Xenocrates...... the name kinda stuck after that

...and as they say, the rest is history 8)

GodKid = God's kid, God's child

reflects and declares my sold-out status as a Christian, as well as my overwhleming childLIKE (for some odd reason people keep saying childISH ) nature

... to be honest ... it's a nickname that has stuck with me from highschool..and the origin of which is very obscure at this point.
    But i use it because i'm lazy to think of another one

Posted by: Xenocrates Posted on: Yesterday at 08:29:02pm
    I think the word you are looking for owen is Spur of the moment... not spere...

The next time you're not sure of the spelling for a word, check this site: www.m-w.com.
    Hey typing in Microsoft Word and using spell check helps too .

I use Arch_Angel depicting the Arch Angels mentioned in the Bible. They were mighty angels, warrior like. And that's who I am in Christ. A Warrior.

To put it simply without going into much detail, Devnull is a Unix term that can well be likened to nothing. Breaking it down we know that 'null'=0 or nothing.

he he...I bet you all are itching to find out how the heck this name came about.....
    ...well...... are you still waiting.......

........ ok.....

pronounced May-Tron-IX

matronyx is the handle I chose about 3 1/2 yrs ago when I was going to CIT. The matrix had just come out (well march 31, 1999) and I was still hooked. The other handle I used before that alexikidd, was given to me even before I started to fool around pcs (when I was 12) and quite frankly, I aint a kid anymore.

I thought about Onyx .... and since the matrix was in the back of my mind somewhere.... presto..!!!
    Isn't it neat?? 8)

It stuck when I was dominating in UT at school, and many persons call me by that name. Some find it hard to pronounce (surprisingly) so they may say Tronyx, or matrix (which I don't like).

Tronyx is cool... but comon... say after me... May-Tron-IX... ;D