Thread: Apple- Keep it a sercret, don't let them know Mac OX gets updates against malwares

Post Apple- Keep it a sercret, don't let them know Mac OX gets updates against malwares

Here's a big secret *whispering* Apple silently gives updates against malwares. Don't tell Mac users, they through a tantrum

Testing Snow Leopard's ability to protect against malwares

Apple’s 10.6.4 operating system upgrade earlier this week silently updated the anti-virus protection built into Mac OS X to protect against a backdoor Trojan horse that can allow hackers to gain remote control over iMac or MacBook.

Unfortunately, many Mac users seem oblivious to security threats which can run on their computers. And that isn’t helped when Apple issues an anti-malware security update like this by stealth, rather than informing the public what it has done. You have to wonder whether their keeping quiet about an antivirus security update like this was for marketing reasons. “Shh! Don’t tell folks that we have to protect against virus on Mac OS X!“

Security folks are worried about how Apple is telling its consumers to be unconcerned about security.

It seems their own employees can be amongst the worst offenders when it comes to giving users security advice. Just a few days ago Cluely at Sophos, came across a tweet about the poor advice about malware protection being offered in Apple retail stores.

There’s a lot less malicious software for Mac computers than Windows PCs, of course, but the fact that so many Mac owners don’t take security seriously enough, and haven’t bothered installing an antivirus, might mean they are a soft target for hackers in the future.

Apple’s update to detect “HellRTS” more than doubles the size of the XProtect.plist file from 2.4k to 5.1k. There are still a lot of Mac threats it doesn’t protect against.
    Hat-tip: Thanks to Sophos's Ben Jupp for letting me know about this silent update to Apple's Mac OS X security.
    SOURCE

Remember! Don't trigger a riot now
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

Hehe. I knew it would've happened sooner o later. And worse, they're covering it up. Don't want people to see any weakness in the "invincible Mac" I guess. But how do people who DON'T get the update, and don't see it as important fare? Apple better step up and own up to their share of malware. Micro$oft has...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Hmmm, I guess that is why I was feeling cold today. Hell seems to be freezing over.

But seriously Apple should start notifying users of threats to their security.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Hehe. I knew it would've happened sooner o later. And worse, they're covering it up. Don't want people to see any weakness in the "invincible Mac" I guess. But how do people who DON'T get the update, and don't see it as important fare? Apple better step up and own up to their share of malware. Micro$oft has...

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Hmmm, I guess that is why I was feeling cold today. Hell seems to be freezing over.

But seriously Apple should start notifying users of threats to their security.
    Exactly! Totally agree with you both. Admitting something is wrong is the 1st phase of recovery.....
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

But seriously now it's technology there are millions of un-discovered fault in these systems. Maybe MAC users do have an advantage when it comes to the amount of known MAC viruses out there and the numbers are growing for MAC users. Atleast now i can shut up MAC users.!
    www.carhuntja.com - Buy and Sell Cars in Jamaica! - Coming Soon
    www.blackspade-ent.com - Jamaicas #1 Online Community
    www.mybbunlock.com - Instant Blackberry Unlocks Only 9.99 USD
    www.starallianceja.com - Negril's #1 In Entertainment

that's why ill always be faithful to Microsoft!!