Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Claro and iPhone 4

Default Annoyed contract customer.

Remember that some people have iPhones which were bought on contract from Claro. These customers will definitely want upgrades from Claro.

I for one am not interested in a jailbroken iPhone - I can't be bothered with waiting for the new versions of the software to be broken. I like my tech to just work. I'm a Software Engineer, so I spend most of my days getting software to work, and I enjoy that. But when it comes to my personal tech - I just want them to work.

So I'll stick with the vanilla, un-jailbroken iPhone, which means waiting on Claro for my next legit phone upgrade. Needless to say, I am very unhappy so far. I wouldn't recommend that anyone sign an iPhone contract with them. It's more expensive and there are no benefits.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by nder View Post
    Remember that some people have iPhones which were bought on contract from Claro. These customers will definitely want upgrades from Claro.

I for one am not interested in a jailbroken iPhone - I can't be bothered with waiting for the new versions of the software to be broken. I like my tech to just work. I'm a Software Engineer, so I spend most of my days getting software to work, and I enjoy that. But when it comes to my personal tech - I just want them to work.

So I'll stick with the vanilla, un-jailbroken iPhone, which means waiting on Claro for my next legit phone upgrade. Needless to say, I am very unhappy so far. I wouldn't recommend that anyone sign an iPhone contract with them. It's more expensive and there are no benefits.
    Which includes waiting two years before they get the iPhone 4 nuh tru...bouy some software engineer u b. Can tell the latest tech is not ur thing at all.
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    bouy some software engineer u b. Can tell the latest tech is not ur thing at all.
    I know someone would make a comment like that. Which is why I made it clear: I can't be bothered with waiting of a jailbreak, then making sure I have a compatible baseband, hoping that nothing goes wrong along the way. I have no need to jailbreak my phone, so why bother?

One of the reasons I stick with an non-jailbroken iPhone is because I don't want to have to wait to upgrade to the latest OS, as you do if you're on a jailbroken iPhone. It's a phone for crying out loud, I don't want to have to think about it. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, I just chose my battles.

I jailbreak and unlock other people's iPhones (after cautioning them), but not mine. I like my peace of mind - the same reason I like prefer Macs for personal use and advocate Linux for enterprise use.

As for the whole latest and greatest thing, I can wait. Or I can get an Android device. If I want an iPhone 4, I can by an unlocked one directly from Apple. But I'm not about to spend $600 on a phone. So I'll be patient and stick to waiting on Claro - as annoying as it can be.
    Last edited by nder; Jul 16, 2010 at 03:01 PM.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by nder View Post
    I know someone would make a comment like that. Which is why I made it clear: I can't be bothered with waiting of a jailbreak, then making sure I have a compatible baseband, hoping that nothing goes wrong along the way. I have no need to jailbreak my phone, so why bother?

One of the reasons I stick with an non-jailbroken iPhone is because I don't want to have to wait to upgrade to the latest OS, as you do if you're on a jailbroken iPhone. It's a phone for crying out loud, I don't want to have to think about it. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, I just chose my battles.

I jailbreak and unlock other people's iPhones (after cautioning them), but not mine. I like my peace of mind - the same reason I like prefer Macs for personal use and advocate Linux for enterprise use.

As for the whole latest and greatest thing, I can wait. Or I can get an Android device. If I want an iPhone 4, I can by an unlocked one directly from Apple. But I'm not about to spend $600 on a phone. So I'll be patient and stick to waiting on Claro - as annoying as it can be.
    iight boss, everyone has there preferences. Now would be a good time to get one since they giving out free cases to fix that antenna issue. Poor Apple...either way do ya thing, point taken....
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    Anyone knows if Claro plans on offering the iPhone 4? or they too cheap since they never offered the iPhone 3GS, thoughts?
    Am sure claro don't have iphone4 yet but the same plans should be able to work on the iphone4
    BUSY WORKING MY WAY TO BE A MILLIONAIRE

Not really a fan of IPhone 4, however I've read a few reviews about the phone having antenna problems. Given Jamaica's landscape and such that might pose a few problems with regards to signal quality/reception.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322192

IF claro had it on a 2000 per month contract then i'll jump on it.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    RichardGM says he pays that amount since he is on a postpaid plan.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by cuban View Post
    if claro should launch that it would be a big step for them..an for the price yo it ago be crazy money..an if sumting should go wrong or u don't understand about the phone "PLZ" DONT CALL CLARO..they don't kno crap about wat they are sellin
    This is so much true they don't know crop

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    Even if this is going to happen surly not any time soon