Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website Questions

Default Re: Website Questions

sometimes you can jump into the fire - if you are prepare to get burnt
    LOL, u can say that again. being burnt isn't nice , especially if u demanding big money and can't show nuthing at the end of the day.

The best way to learn is to use the technology. Read nuff ....
    get inspiration:
    alistapart.com
    csszengarden.com
    devshed.com
    w3schools.com

learn, learn, learn
    Zope, Linux, Web, Intranet
    www.plone.org

everybody starts at a point - do something then improve as you go along. rome wasn't built in a day. Plus it doesn't matter what you do you friends will say "it wicked".

when i first started out with my site i had fixation on flash and the first version of my site felt it.

after slowing down and hours on w3schools i realised that html and web design as a whole is like building a house, and a couple missing blocks or a shaby foundation can be very very bad later on.

read and practice and show you work to friends for constructive critisism and you'll get better
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Zard
    after slowing down and hours on w3schools i realised that html and web design as a whole is like building a house, and a couple missing blocks or a shaby foundation can be very very bad later on.
    This is so true. Many people want to start in the middle in their rush to get to the end. They dont want to take the time to learn the fundamentals of web design before diving in.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

I don't know if Im posting in the right place. My question is, if I wanted to move templates to my website, would it be easier to use the site File manager or HTML editor? I would like to have different templates to make new front page.

I just received some other information about some sites that may help me. A site called crimson editor and coffeecup, so maybe these will be able to show me what I need. Looks like I have more reading to do.
    Last edited by Ponderra; Feb 21, 2005 at 05:07 PM.