Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion on the HTC Google Nexus One?

Default What's your opinion on the HTC Google Nexus One?

Is it really worth spending $600 USD on?

Compared to what you'd spend in Jamaica on a phone not even half as good as it, yes it is worth it. Just make sure you select the one with AT&T 3G

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    Compared to what you'd spend in Jamaica on a phone not even half as good as it, yes it is worth it. Just make sure you select the one with AT&T 3G
    Why should i make sure of that though?

Cause if you plan to use claro or lime 3g, the tmobile one will only give you edge here. I ordered one, its actually here but wont get it from mailpac till mon-tue. The poster above is right, I paid about the same for the bold 2 when it was released, and the bold 2 cant hold a flame to the N1.

When I get it i do some sort of review for techjamaica, testing out the new froyo and the htc desire rom which has been ported to it. Phone sick!
    Google Nexus 6P™

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Cause if you plan to use claro or lime 3g, the tmobile one will only give you edge here. I ordered one, its actually here but wont get it from mailpac till mon-tue. The poster above is right, I paid about the same for the bold 2 when it was released, and the bold 2 cant hold a flame to the N1.

When I get it i do some sort of review for techjamaica, testing out the new froyo and the htc desire rom which has been ported to it. Phone sick!
    Ok thanks. Looking forward to hearing that review from you!!

But tell me something... I thought froyo was unofficial??

Froyo for the N1 was gotten from google's site itself then they removed the link. What the "community" thinks is that they basically wanted the early adoptors to field test it for them, kinda the same views we have for all these "leaked" OS's for blackberry devices (cause lookin at how apple handled the lost iphone g4, u kno these companies take real leaks seriously).

That being said, the "community" has taken the initial official release and have ported it to like 3 orther android phone (the morotola droid got it today), so honestly, I think is a whle field testing exercise yaa paps, either way, I've seen good reviews of froyo so far, cant wait to test it out myself.
    Google Nexus 6P™

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post

If it is anything like the HTC EVO that I got last night, which it is and probably better with froyo, you are going to be in for something when you get the phone. I guess HTC Sense may make a slight difference but its Android OS just the same with similar specs and I've been having fun with it, download about 30 apps already and not finished playing with them yet (not games).

Yh, the apps are interesting. I'm going to try the desire rom first, 2.1 with sense, as from what i see, sense makes it so much better, its ported from the htc desire which is almost exactly the same hardware as the Nexus one. The evo 4g is the maddes ting since slime pumpum LOLOLOL the only downside to it is its so preddy, that u goin use it 24hrs a day an the battery life goin suck because of that. But yh, hardware wise, the top android phones all use the same parts. Also, outside of flash, most of what froyo does, the "community" had hacked those features in anyway like wifi and wired tethering for free etc.

Right now is jus apps lackin on android, and the more popular they get the more apps will come, decent apps.
    Google Nexus 6P™

lol ya is 3 times i had to recharge it yesterday

Interesting, someone need to post an official Android Thread so all the must have info gets posted. My e71 is getting long in the tooth and I have just started looking for a suitable replacement for my ultimate "Techie Cellie" am excited by what i see in android phones so far porting ROMs, overclocking, sleek ui sound right up my street oh and it has apps which support Office 2007 (editing) and pdf now in my book that is perfection.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination