Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion on the HTC Google Nexus One?

not spenging this amount of money on anything but the new iphone 4
    370-5652 ...... Only God can Judge Me

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    lol ya is 3 times i had to recharge it yesterday
    The battery life is now scaring me!!

Jahkno!

Quote Originally Posted by PcWiz View Post

Jahkno!
    The Nexus not so bad on battery lol, also, you have to remember the evo 4g jus drop so him probably playing with it WAY more than he normally would jus cause him jus get it.

Anyhow, nexus one today I hope!!! I can't wait!
    Google Nexus 6P™

Quote Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
    Interesting, someone need to post an official Android Thread so all the must have info gets posted. My e71 is getting long in the tooth and I have just started looking for a suitable replacement for my ultimate "Techie Cellie" am excited by what i see in android phones so far porting ROMs, overclocking, sleek ui sound right up my street oh and it has apps which support Office 2007 (editing) and pdf now in my book that is perfection.
    nothing can replace an e71 for me, am using a dash now and still longing for ms flak(e71 name ).. Any phone i get will have to either be qwerty or hybrid, didn have a good experience with touch.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by PcWiz View Post

Jahkno!
    lol no the battery life is pretty good actually. As toyanucci said I was playing around with the android way more than I would normally find myself doing, using wifi and such to download all kind of apps and then play around with them all day, so thats why I had to recharge 3 times. But I sorta cool down wid it now so I don't need to charge it more than once a day, and I was mainly recharging from around 50% when I had the chance to give myself a safety net.

And it recharges pretty quickly too, I just recharged it from ~30% to full in just under an hour, my G1 took forever to charge. What I find is that Bluetooth surprisingly consumes the battery just as much as WiFi. And yesterday I had a problem where Google Earth app continued using the GPS even when not active and that was draining the battery fairly quickly and it wasn't closing otherwise so I had to use a task manager to terminate it. Seemed to be a bug cause I tried google earth again after recharging to see if it would happen again and it didn't.

I recommend Advanced Task Manager from the app store for your app killer. Normally tho I think this phone might last me at least 2 days of mild use without needing to recharge, a day under heavy use, and pretty certain it will give me over 6 hours talk time if I use it for nothing else.
    Last edited by chig; Jun 7, 2010 at 12:04 PM.

What kind of flat rate data plan can you use on these phones ?
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    nothing can replace an e71 for me, am using a dash now and still longing for ms flak(e71 name ).. Any phone i get will have to either be qwerty or hybrid, didn have a good experience with touch.
    Totally understandable that why am leaning to the Droid by Motorola which has a physical keyboard. Am not averse to the touch interface still so would also go for a nexus or an incredible. I love the e71 but for me its time for something with a sleeker ui and more screen real estate as I do most of my surfing on my cell nowadays.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
    Totally understandable that why am leaning to the Droid by Motorola which has a physical keyboard. Am not averse to the touch interface still so would also go for a nexus or an incredible. I love the e71 but for me its time for something with a sleeker ui and more screen real estate as I do most of my surfing on my cell nowadays.
    I dont miss the physical keyboard much, if at all. I used to use it all the time on my last phone at first, but over time I found myself just pulling up the on-screen keyboard rather than sliding out the tactile one. Mostly because of an insane amount of lag I was getting from using it, which I believe was a software issue cause I patched it once and it went bad again soon after (windows phone ).
    This one on the EVO is much more responsive and way easier to use, probly because of the much much larger screen. I've been typing for my searches and texts fairly quickly and without making any fat-thumb mistakes, not that i have a fat thumb but u kno what i mean. One thumb or both it is just as good as a phycsical keyboard to me cause I dont see much difference.

Just for fun, I just made a test text to see if I could type a full message without looking on the keyboard section of the screen. Amazingly I could and the 3 or 4 mistakes I made were corrected automatically by the spell check thing. As long as you know key placement on a qwerty keyboard you should be comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    What kind of flat rate data plan can you use on these phones ?
    I hear claro has a data plan for $2000. Seems like the best way to get an Android phone on 3G down there with the N1(AT&T) and claro

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    I hear claro has a data plan for $2000. Seems like the best way to get an Android phone on 3G down there with the N1(AT&T) and claro
    What tricks does that $2000 data plan come with ?

Whats in the fine print ?

Is it unlimited ? Does it have a media/download cap ?

Does it block torrents or streams ?

Does it allow tethering ?

I can't trust certain phone companies these last days ... too many hidden tricks.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.