Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4G handset only days away - HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    well im sorta used to empty promises from companies in jamaica.. sooooooooo.............. i wont believe it til i see it
    I understand but this isnt a promise, it is something that is happening now..why still doubt it?
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

It shouldn't be that far away by the end of june should b out. The digicel group on facebook were talking about it yesterday "wimax is better than 3g blah blah...check press for details."
    ¤¤¤Liverpool ¥ Football ¥ Club¤¤¤

Quote Originally Posted by Default View Post
    It shouldn't be that far away by the end of june should b out. The digicel group on facebook were talking about it yesterday "wimax is better than 3g blah blah...check press for details."
    according to this article it probably isnt much better
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/4G-t...e-a_11303.html

its going to have its limits compared to LTE, but LTE is more than a year away from implementation. Dont remember if is that article exactly but I read somewhere AT&T 3G could possibly surpass WiMAX if upgraded properly

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Why? Is it impossible?

And the handset is pretty cheap even by highend standards.
    The Evo while a beast of a phone as is the HD2, lacks a proper built in method of content storage. This is a part of how HTC consistently keeps the cost of their phones down, they figure people will just throw in a high capacity MicroSD. That and of course the type of screen used. Amoled are the best, but also most expensive screens which is why the Nexus one, for example came out more expensive than the Evo. $450 is a nice unlocked price regardless.

An Amoled screen, 8GB minumum of onboard memory and wifi N would have made the Evo THE phone to beat.
    Granted, 4G and Hotspot tethering are VERY nice. Practically a godsend for people who use cell data cards and modems, but only if it's rolled out to as many areas with 3G quickly enough.
    Last edited by Neoprimal; Jun 3, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Well I must say, this is by far the best phone I've ever owned, but that isnt saying much considering my last 2 decent phones were a HTC Mogul 6800 and the Blackberry Tour 9630 (not counting N95 and G1 since those only got use as phones and nothing more). Phone is great except there isn't 4G down here in Miami as yet so the $10 is just ownership taxation for the next few months. Just been messing around with the phone all night and it does a lot of things automatically, and not in the annoying way. Sync all ma contacts and link facebook profile email an everyting in a snap and add pics beside their names.
    Browser is good and decently fast even on the 3G, I could even go on facebook change to the full site to use the fb chat box. Yet to try videos in it tho.. Loads up my hotmail inbox surprisingly faster than my gmail. Google Maps is now better than before, even downloaded google earth. Its capable of a lot of things and I'm not experiencing any lag or anything, dont even manage to watch a video from it yet tho i jus been messing around with it. guess the reviews tell you everything else..