Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Split/Second (Car Racing Game)

Smile Split/Second (Car Racing Game)

Saw some people on xfire playing this and just thought I'd youtube it. Watched a few seconds and said ok I should get this:

IGN review
    Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    As much a Kart racer as an arcade racing title, Split/Second is a game predicated on screwing over other competitors as much as finding a perfect driving line. The premise is simple: as a contestant on the television show Split/Second, you'll race against other drivers on a track designed to be destroyed.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

It look baaaaaaad. Naa lie.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Like a remixed version of Burnout. Looks great.
    More on Disney
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

I like this game so far. It's similar to Burnout with some differences, but I see a lan feature so yeah it's lannable :

Start:

Drifting:

Car Damage:
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Does steam have this?
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

I played this game, it really did look promising to me as well at first, but once you play it you realize how shallow a driving game it really is. It's more like a little bit of burnout plus a little bit of mario kart equaling a little bit fun arcade racer.... not worth a $50-60 purchase for me at all.

Same thing I thought (and think) but it might get a bit more complicated in progression, or at least more challenging. Its big point is the bag o destruction
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Same thing I thought (and think) but it might get a bit more complicated in progression, or at least more challenging. Its big point is the bag o destruction
    ya but thats all. and thats why i, and many of the reviews, say its a pretty shallow racer

Well as was said its really an arcade style racer so they sticking to that trait. It's like a improved version of Mario Kart with lots more tracks, etc.

All in all though if you liked Burnout you'll get into this one. Anyways when ya'll ready to try the lanning link mi.

Looks like a lot of action in this car game plus it's fast like burnout. I like it but would wait for the price to drop a little or just buy it second hand LOL