Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia n8 is official!

Some more stuff(decided to not embed since its more than a single youtube video)
    Gsmarena's talk on the sensor size
    http://blog.gsmarena.com/how-large-i...-image-sensor/

Device performance along with youtube video quality
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MelAS...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6YYM...394&feature=iv

For the rest go to youtube.com/n8

Processor system is rumored to be an nvidia tegra600 based SOC with a 700mhz(underclocked to 680mhz) arm11 main application processor and an sgx(most likely sgx530 @ 14 million polygons per second) gpu.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

the phone look mad still but i am not a fan of touch screen phones. I like the new symbian look.
    Worm di Engineer

mad piece a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA View Post
    this has to be my N82 replacement woot!!! Nokia+Xenon= i win ^.^

ill wait till it buss.... Vivaz na hav nuttn pon dis.. @techno ^.^
    Ofcourse not, two different type of devices.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunjunior1 View Post
    but ya talk like sony better pssssh
    That is a matter of opinion but I was referring to the user interface here. In my opinion, Symbian's UI needs a lot of work to catch up with the mainstays in the new phone era.

On another note, couldn't they have equipped this with a better processor? Or was that in an effort to keep the cost at $500?
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    Ofcourse not, two different type of devices.
    That is a matter of opinion but I was referring to the user interface here. In my opinion, Symbian's UI needs a lot of work to catch up with the mainstays in the new phone era.
    On another note, couldn't they have equipped this with a better processor? Or was that in an effort to keep the cost at $500?
    it wouldnt have made much sense in putting a more powerful processor since most of the power wont be used anyway. The real power needed to be in the gpu since we all know symbian can run on pretty weak processors, the gpu is what powers transitions, video encoding and decoding, games, image processing etc.. That is the reason why it has a 14mil poly gpu, twice the clock of the iphone 3gs'. And about the ui: i told u all it was the same ui but no one took notice . The huge differences are invisible and will show up with symbian^4, the main one being the qt application layer. There isnt much that could be done for the avkon based ui, avkon is 11 years old lol so its better off dead which it will be next year. S^3 is a stop gap for s^4 since apps made for s^3 based on qt will also work on s^4 and visa versa. Still symbian phones wont cost more than 500us anymore, i saw a chart that nokia produced to show their strategy in january, maemo(meego) is set for the top end(600+ us) while symbian will reach up to 500us and down to 150us... S40 will pick up below.
    Last edited by kalel17; Apr 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Video sample: looks good...set it to 720p when viewing the youtube

View even better quality version of it on Vimeo
    adcampbell.daportfolio.com
    CRAC: 318-3265
    Making myself a better graphic artist, one drawing at a time.
    Core i7 4770K, 32GB DDR3 2133, GTX 660(waiting on GTX 780), 128GB 840 pro, 1TB WD BLACK

Yung_Jah Guest

For 500usd....made me think I should have wait some more...lol....anyone want my Nokia 5800 Xpress Music to buy....lol....joke mi ah run....mi ah gwaan hold on pon mi Nokia 5800 (mi nuh even have this phone for a month yet).

Maybe next year I'd cop the Nokia N8. We'll see.

I'm a little skeptical when these manufacturers release things they claim the device produces. I'd like to see some hands-on by none Nokia persons to be convinced.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

agrees with sonyboy above.... need a proper review

looking for some reviews, love this phone though