Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple-Time Capsule: A leap Forward for Backup

Thumbs up Apple-Time Capsule: A leap Forward for Backup

Imagine having a 2TB external HDD.. Now imagine a wireless HDD thats also a WIRELESS ROUTER and you've got the new apple time capsule.

The Ultimate Wireless Base Station
    Fits your wifi lifestyle:MAC and PC compatible!
    Faster simultaneous dual-band operation.
    Share the Internet securely with guest networking.
    Access your drive over the Internet.
    Print command central.

Read Here:
    http://www.apple.com/timecapsule/wireless.html

One Click Continuous Back
    Even faster Time Machine backup (Mac os featue)
    Backup for everyone.
    Room for it all.

Read Here:
    http://www.apple.com/timecapsule/backup.html
    La La
    From the Ashes Springs New Life

wireless backup = fail!

Being apple it will cost 5000% more than the competition.

Just incase you like mac. They fail badly compared to pc. Sorry just had to say it.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    wireless backup = fail!

Being apple it will cost 5000% more than the competition.

Just incase you like mac. They fail badly compared to pc. Sorry just had to say it.
    no problem thats ur opinion and i assure you am not offended. mainly cus your completely wrong.

how does wireless backup equal fail? i think your missing the fact that your sending the data to an external hard drive.My understanding is your storing data on the hard drive physically you just dont need a cable anymore.

The time capsule starts at $290 and since this idea is new and mr gates hasnt had tym to steal it yet, then im pretty sure he cant beat it just yet, how many pc-made products can you list that can work on both pc and mac? by pc made i mean stuff that windows folks invented
    La La

Quote Originally Posted by phoen1x View Post
    no problem thats ur opinion and i assure you am not offended. mainly cus your completely wrong.

how does wireless backup equal fail? i think your missing the fact that your sending the data to an external hard drive.My understanding is your storing data on the hard drive physically you just dont need a cable anymore.

The time capsule starts at $290 and since this idea is new and mr gates hasnt had tym to steal it yet, then im pretty sure he cant beat it just yet, how many pc-made products can you list that can work on both pc and mac? by pc made i mean stuff that windows folks invented
    I was just revealing my hate for apple.

Now seriously.

Data can be lost during wireless transfer(this can happen no matter who makes it).

User error can happen while transferring with ping problems. By this I mean Your pc reporting trnasfer complete when actually it hasn't.

Those are my main problems.

And for your other question. Windows run on mac .
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I was just revealing my hate for apple.

Now seriously.

Data can be lost during wireless transfer(this can happen no matter who makes it).

User error can happen while transferring with ping problems. By this I mean Your pc reporting trnasfer complete when actually it hasn't.

Those are my main problems.

And for your other question. Windows run on mac .
    I know u hate mac I an hear it in d way u write lol I know windows runs on mac I have windows 7 running via vmware on mine I was asking u which piece of hardware u know of that bill gates has drafted of his own intelligence or his teams intelligence that can work for both mac and pc users.

Never had that data loss problem wen transfering files to or from a mac d most I ever c happen is a flash drive just get completely fried lol like can't pickup back not even from d bios screen
    La La

boy i have to agree about the wireless data transfer being unreliable.......

but pezz really hate apple man. lol
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

I know u hate mac I an hear it in d way u write lol I know windows runs on mac I have windows 7 running via vmware on mine I was asking u which piece of hardware u know of that bill gates has drafted of his own intelligence or his teams intelligence that can work for both mac and pc users.

Never had that data loss problem wen transfering files to or from a mac d most I ever c happen is a flash drive just get completely fried lol like can't pickup back not even from d bios screen
    Well, I will just name a simple hardware. The xbox 360 controller
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

come on really thats your problem? the time capsule operates on 2.4-5GHz frequency bands so its not only backwards compatible with 802.11/a/b/g as well as on 802.11/n which means it wont drop the signal from smaller devices that operate on d lower band when a higher device connects.

this thing is a 1-2TB HDD, Print server and a wireless router all in one all for $250+ lol either u extremely cheap or udk quality which one?

and idk bouut d x360 ctrlr im not a gamer but from wat i read i cant just plug and play with it, id need to find d right drivers an ting den wb the game now, can i buy any and any game and it just run so? u tell me cus like i said idk games
    La La

Have to say I love your comeback. Honestly, wireless can be spotty at times. More often than not, though it can be very, very reliable. I can see this affording you the flexibility of keeping your data consistently backed up while anywhere @ your location. This is INDEED ground breaking and revolutionary, anyone who relies on external data backups know that ahve to transport data my MOVING an external drive usually leads to wear and tear on the drive, causing it to fail at a most inconvenient time. Not having to move this up and down and plug wires into it alone will increase its longevity. Apple's build quality is UNCONTESTED, no one owns a PC and doesnt feel its age after a year or two. If you own a Mac it's a good five years before you start looking around. I've had an iPhone for a little over two (2) years and i've never ever owned a phone that long average time is 4-6months. The only thing I can say about this is they are expensive, if you have the money to spend you would NOT be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by d_skillz View Post
    Have to say I love your comeback. Honestly, wireless can be spotty at times. More often than not, though it can be very, very reliable. I can see this affording you the flexibility of keeping your data consistently backed up while anywhere @ your location. This is INDEED ground breaking and revolutionary, anyone who relies on external data backups know that ahve to transport data my MOVING an external drive usually leads to wear and tear on the drive, causing it to fail at a most inconvenient time. Not having to move this up and down and plug wires into it alone will increase its longevity. Apple's build quality is UNCONTESTED, no one owns a PC and doesnt feel its age after a year or two. If you own a Mac it's a good five years before you start looking around. I've had an iPhone for a little over two (2) years and i've never ever owned a phone that long average time is 4-6months. The only thing I can say about this is they are expensive, if you have the money to spend you would NOT be disappointed.
    Thank you. and maybe i need to give windows a try and see what it would cost to implement a similar such system tho... to the library! lol
    La La