Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best & Worst Laptop Brands 2010

Every brand has flaws mind you but some brands have more flaws than others.

HP is a brand with consistent problems right across the different laptop series in its portfolio that is inexcusable.

Worst Brand: HP (by a landside). The DV6000 series were all bad.

Best Brand: Alienware (Also by a landslide) (A sub-division of Dell). Always best video, memory, screens, etc. Do i need to go on?

Asus is also in the race for worst brands.

Toshiba is in the race for Brand.

For the Ultimate Reliability, you go with only one brand: LENOVO. Not beats it in longivity. My friend had a working one with Windows 98 from 1999. I dare someone to beat that.
    The aim of education should be to teach us how to think, rather than what to think. Hail the one @ 479-9650

HP is number one to me but those pretty new looking one have a short life span when living in jamaica ( too much dust and heat consumption)

I think in terms of reliability it is

Dell
    Lenovo
    Toshiba
    Sony

Not in that particular order but that is what I think in terms of top 4.

HP especially the older DV6000, DV9000 series were especially terrible.

i have a hp dv5 that has a flicker screen problem and when ever you adjust the screen by pushin it back the light goes out, the screen is jus full black but it isnt turn off. i read in another forum that they were not made properly in terms that certain wires are two close to other hardware parts which cause a conflict.

So i agree with the those who say hp is the worst, to me them just pretty to the eye.
    Last edited by Duane; Jun 10, 2010 at 02:12 PM.
    Go and get ur money lil duffle bag boy

Conapse....

Ibuypower's laptops are very comparable to Dell's Alienware's laptops.

You should check them out. Same and better specs. Better prices.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

STAY AWAY FROM HP. These laptops are guaranteed to bring you some probem to make it inoperable very very soon. I've never heard of one that don't give problems. From overheating, to the plug stop working, to wifi not working to the computer not even booting up. HP is the only brand I actually see selling their brand plugs in retail stores. I've learned my lessons from my friends and girlfriend own, I used to want one for looks but not anymore. Haven't had any bad experiences with compaq laptops, but in general they just suck in performance so stay away from them to.
    I not sure how Dells stay now but I know in the past, bout 5-6 years ago, the hardware was always made from cheap materials and would always break/crack easily so I haven't looked on them too tough since.

My Toshiba laptops have all served me well, apart from bad battery life that deteriorates even worse over time. Apart from that I haven't had a problem with it that I know I didn't cause.
    I would also recommend Sony laptops for reliability, but they are usually overpriced compared to other brands like Tosh/HP/Dell.
    Acer laptops are underrated beasts. If you can find one with good specs then I highly doubt it will be a bad choice if you just want a laptop that will last you, they also come with better quality webcams than other mid-priced laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoRazrSharp View Post
    1. Hp
    2. Asus
    3. Acer
    4. Lenovo
    5. Dell
    Quote Originally Posted by Utech22 View Post
    I have HP as #01 .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_nitros View Post
    HP is number one to me but those pretty new looking one have a short life span when living in jamaica ( too much dust and heat consumption)
    HP is like some pretty girl. Bring it home an feel say it hot an ting, then its not long before you start noticing the flaws an see wat dead from wat not in terms of performance. den a bere problems an frustration after dat.

In my personal experience the HP DV6000 is the worst. Its like the whole line of dv6000 has board problem, and the board is very hard to get and the board is also expensive.
    0N7Y GOD C@N JUDG3 M3!!!

Default Best Notebook

There is Lenovo IBM and then there is nothing else.