Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My P800 crashed, can I re-install Symbian OS?

Exclamation My P800 crashed, can I re-install Symbian OS?

Hail up everybody:

My SE P800 crashed a couple months ago . Its working now, but it have glitches - especially d internet it a gi problems. Is it possible it 'format' it and 'reinstall' Symbian OS?

Help!!!
    Bless

Default Re: My P800 crashed, can I re-install Symbian OS?

You can't reinstall Symbian, as it is stored within firmware. You can reformat your C drive (phone memory) to return to "factory state", but be careful doing that... at least not without a recent backup, as you will lose EVERY configuration & customization you made on the phone, including all SMS, WAP settings and Jot notes.

In an attempt to clean up stale folders on my C drive sometime ago, I reformatted and found that the phone would sometimes just reset without warning. Don't know if the previous owner had done a s/w upgrade prior to selling me the phone, but the firmware version of the OS just would not work well. In addition, I lost my "Auto-Setup" folder under Messages which totally screwed up my receiving the WAP configs again from Digicel. Became so annoying I had to restore a backup I made before the reformat and the problems went away immediately.

Not sure if it will help, but what's your phone software version? Check under Application->View->System Information or access the Service Menu. Perhaps you can find a clue or a solution in the forums on Esato

OTOH, if Internet access is the only thing acting funky, perhaps your WAP settings are the only thing needing a fix. If Digicel had SMSed the WAP configs to you, the messages should still be in your Auto-Setup folder (Messages).
    If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain
    - Morpheus, "The Matrix"

Every phone can be flashed. This is nothing to worry about.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    Every phone can be flashed. This is nothing to worry about.
    To be specific, he can't reinstall the OS on the P800 by himself, unless he has the same mechanisms as the phone provider to do so. On the later P900 and P910 units, however, no problem - Sony allows you to do it yourself using your USB cable/cradle connection.
    If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain
    - Morpheus, "The Matrix"

Flashing a phone is as simple as formatting ur drive and re installing the os, all he has to do is take it to an unlocker, and in less than 30 mins he will be fine. Settings can also be saved and restored.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

will flashing ur fone reset the security code?
    The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.

When u format ur pc does the password remain the same?

bwoy mitchie u coulda just say "yes"
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

yo star asame ting me did a seh enuh willy, the whole of that what him seh remind me the twins of twins cd star, the dude who feel he's the smartest person on the plannet, intelectual man.

Smile Re: My P800 crashed, can I re-install Symbian OS?

Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    yo star asame ting me did a seh enuh willy, the whole of that what him seh remind me the twins of twins cd star, the dude who feel he's the smartest person on the plannet, intelectual man.
    being very intelligent.................lol.....