Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Exchange Virus Alert

Default New Exchange Virus Alert

Here we go again... The interesting thing about this one is that it is based on a vulnerability in Norton Anti-virus.

http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-1016608.html?tag=fd_top

Default Re:New Exchange Virus Alert

For a solution
    http://jalug.org ;D

[quote author=pigeonflight link=board=5;threadid=943;start=0#msg8447 date=1055511951]
    For a solution
    http://jalug.org ;D
    [/quote]

You know, i keep asking yself why people curse after being hit by a virus in outlook.
    I mean....come on people!!!! Outlook is a incubator for virus.

[quote author=matronyx link=board=5;threadid=943;start=0#msg8470 date=1055520019]
    You know, i keep asking yself why people curse after being hit by a virus in outlook.
    I mean....come on people!!!! Outlook is a incubator for virus.

[/quote]

That is so true, Bill's programs always have alot of faults or downsides. I was once worked on a pc which I just new had a virus but could not find it with norton, I however found it with Panda

http://www.pandasoftware.com/

hehe...i would have thought that its because its the most popular program and hence the target.
    why would anybody release a virus to gain attention on programs that arent hardly used....?....?.....

[quote author=yogi_hm link=board=5;threadid=943;start=0#msg8495 date=1055524773]
    That is so true, Bill's programs always have alot of faults or downsides. I was once worked on a pc which I just new had a virus but could not find it with norton, I however found it with Panda[/quote]

Did you update your Virus Definitions before you scanned the PC???

Yes I did, to me it looks like there are loop holes in norton, wonder if they are getting development help from Bill and his friends ;D

I think it's more likely to be that the Norton antivirus does not know that strain. Virii are detected by using a dictionary of strains. Most likely, the dictionary does not have an entry for that strain. I would bet on that against a loophole. I'm sure they'll find it out soon enough (if not already). It's just a matter of time before the virus update for that strain becomes available.

[quote author=yogi_hm link=board=5;threadid=943;start=0#msg8562 date=1055546358]
    Yes I did, to me it looks like there are loop holes in norton, wonder if they are getting development help from Bill and his friends ;D
    [/quote]

Did you check to see if that Virus was in their database? If they did have it in their DB and their latest update claimed to be able to detect it and didnt, then that would be a loophole. But neglegence on the part of the consumer to update themself by way of 'live updates' is not a loophole.

[quote author=deakie link=board=5;threadid=943;start=0#msg8518 date=1055531570]
    hehe...i would have thought that its because its the most popular program and hence the target.
    why would anybody release a virus to gain attention on programs that arent hardly used....?....?.....
    [/quote]

Hardly used?
    What are you referring to?

Why do you think M$ products are plagued with crashes and virus? Because they are the most popular around? ....

My friend, unix systems have been around when Gates was still a lil boy (1969).
    The majority of web servers run with a flavor of unix.
    Lotus Notes is a very popular email environment used in large organisations.
    Wordperfect has been around before Office.

Why is it that that these apps aren't as vulnerable to crashes and virus?
    I think it's M$ aoften times sloppy code writing, and peoples willingness to accept cr@p.... I mean, they don't know no different. Thankfully many persons are waking up and seeing that hey dont have to use M$ products.