Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer Technician

Default Computer Technician

Hello TechJamaica,
    I recentely migrated to the USA and landed my first gig as a Technician.

I would like to know how much to charge for this job.
    Thanks

10 HP Laptops
    lists of work needed to be done on the laptops.
    1 Format the Hard Drive
    2 Install Win XP with Service Pack 2
    3 Install Microsoft Office Package
    4 Avast Virus Software
    5 Latest Corel Draw Version
    6 Install Winrar
    7 Diagnose Hardware. Hard drive, video card, processor and Nework Adapter.
    Google is FREE

Um i'd say about 200USD.

since u got the u shud have checked out the rates of persons or stores offering the same services and get an idea of the rates. that way u can be competitive. you dont want to price ur self out of the market. most prices will be an hrly charge and u also must know how much ur worth
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

as i said in your other thread, probly bout $100 per machine..

usual rate i hear for just a format + OS reinstall is about 75 dollars..so with all that extra you are doing i think $100 per machine should be fair enough

as lovepytons says check other rates around u i have had some ridiculous price for some simply installation but what i know is the faster u finish a computer over there the more jobs u will get even places like best buy sometimes tell two weeks for laptop keyboard replacement one time they wanted to charge me i think it was $60 us to swap a 2gb memory i was like what ,but just to show if u charge say 35 for that service u should have a couple a jobs,hope this helps by the way computer technician over there can be a headache sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by don_corleone View Post
    as i said in your other thread, probly bout $100 per machine..

usual rate i hear for just a format + OS reinstall is about 75 dollars..so with all that extra you are doing i think $100 per machine should be fair enough
    He's a new technician there's no way he can charge this much.. Or is it like this in america? Cause here 6k fi do all a that is big robbery

Yung_Jah Guest

Just do some research in the US and then determine how much you would charge. At the same time you dont want to be over priced. Go at a reasonable rate to expect more and more person to come at your door.

Not even in JA mi coulda get 100usd per machine....lol....good price that still....

i would say about 90-100 USD ea.....cause a fairly nuff work u haffi do on each machine.....thats if u will get that much still

u really cannot compare here with america because every job is a profession in america and people will pay for a job well done,dont get me wrong he needs to check for prices to compete , I have a question for u guys how much do u guys pay at a barber shop here for a hair cut ?

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...131#post621131

my response..why do u have 2 threads anyway?