Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 running good so far

Default g

Quote Originally Posted by Anthon View Post
    Screens plz! Can I see some screens?
    yow youtube the thing nuh it deh deh nuff lol
    Visit my website
    Jesus I give my HEART
    To you

To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Doesn't look so hot again but it's aite!
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

help with my ubuntu 10.04 i updated it since i installed it and now i dnt have any date and time...it gives me an error each time i try to add it to the panel. i also get an error stating that an unknown program is running at each startup....can someone please help me out?

I'm a first time user of linux and i was told the starters should use ubuntu. i have googled a few stuff and got some help with problems i have been having but these 2 are never ending..lol.

Help Please
    contact info:
    Cell: 842-1140
    or PM me at anytime

Create a new profile (System > Administration > Users and Groups) and log into that profile after rebooting. Do the errors recur?
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

hmm i havent had any such problem but i have downloaded any updates since friday cause lime still nuh finish sort out the fone lines at work yet
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynebrown85 View Post
    I'm a first time user of linux and i was told the starters should use ubuntu. i have googled a few stuff and got some help with problems i have been having but these 2 are never ending..lol.
    Help Please
    Ubuntu 10.04 is a beta product. This means it is still being tested. Python can play around with it since he is an experienced user. I would recommend using a stable version such as 9.10.

I am an experienced user and I would never load a beta of Windows or Linux on my laptop. I just don't have the patience to do all that trouble shooting.

Here is a quote from the Ubuntu website:

This is the second Ubuntu 10.04 beta release, which brings a host of exciting new features.

Note: This is a beta release. Do not install it on production machines. The final stable version will be released on April 29, 2010.
    http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/lucid/beta2

See also:

Change is coming.

Ubuntu 10.04 Long Term Support (LTS) is just around the corner. If you want to help us test it, download the beta 2 now. We appreciate your feedback and support, but we do not recommend using the beta in working environments.

If you're unsure, play it safe... Download Ubuntu 9.10
    http://www.ubuntu.com/
    Last edited by jamrock; Apr 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM.

but doesnt that version have known issues just the same? i have been reading up on them...y i installed the beta is to just the feel of it really until the final release is out but thanx is is easy to take off 10.04 and install 9.10? im dual booting with windows 7 thats y i asked.

directecd @ jamrock
    contact info:
    Cell: 842-1140
    or PM me at anytime

heard ubuntu coming out with a standardized version this mouth that is going to have support is this it & where doing i go to download it or have it mailed to my place

All Ubuntu X.04 version are LTS (Long Term Support) so most production implementations of ubuntu will use that release