Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 running good so far

Default Ubuntu 10.04 running good so far

Well this evening i installed ubuntu 10.04 beta 1 on ma machine at work and i must say i'm impressed. I love the new look and change from the old human theme is quite welcomed (no ned to be looking for themes ) i have installed all ma apps except crossover to install office 2007 and it running quick. The startup time is way better too. Right now i'm allllll smiles
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Was wondering if I shoulda get the beta or not, but seeing your post I think I just might. If it looks so good, why not? I had an issue with 9.10 - hopefully that is resolved in the beta, which would mean good news for me in the full release.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

what problem was that? its the first i'm running a beta OS and it is stable so far. cant wait to go back to work to use it some more
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Issues resolved so far.......

Had a thing where it wouldn't auto-mount USB drives after I added all my other partitions and mount points. All running well so far - boots faster and ting - just that I having an issue with my screen resolution, but running an update now and will try again.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

yea i have that too. i installed resolution switcher and the highest res i got was 1024x768. was wondering if i had edited my xorg file to get the res i had on 9.10, cause i had to do it for 2 persons on their laptop.

had a couple hang ups caused by plymouth and about 2 from opera

^ had that same hangup with plymouth

my only issue thus far is that WinFF no longer has the preset for the psp...but thats very minor
    >>Insert something witty here<<

Screens plz! Can I see some screens?
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

Anybody know the timeline for the PowerPC release? I'm trying to get the beta for 10.04 but I'm not sure when they compile the PPC version. I'm running it on my old IbookG4.

i'll post when i get back to work