Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A+ with 4 cxc

Quote Originally Posted by The good guy View Post
    Nope unless the HR director is your mom
    true that or well close relative.....
    For every computer problem there is an upgrade with equal and opposite problems.

I have my comp sci degree sitting down for 2 years and cant get a job, working as a call centre rep, you take what you get. There is nothing wrong with trying, its all you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Prestige? Whats so prestige about working in a bank? I think he was just querying on a whole though there was an article in the papers and banks were recommending that graduates apply for banks NCB, Scotia, RBTT etc....
    Working in banks back in the days was so prestigious that dark skinned people could never get a job there....who knows, maybe that mentality is still there? Idk

Quote Originally Posted by danthony View Post
    yeah u can get in w/o working as a teller etc...... u can work as a teller w/o doing finance?

i know a guy graduate NCU and go st8 into the IT department.
    Yes u can work as a teller without doing any form of banking/finance or accounting. I was told by an employee that being a teller is more about customer service than number crunching (she had a B.A. in English Lit).

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_WOW View Post
    I have my comp sci degree sitting down for 2 years and cant get a job, working as a call centre rep, you take what you get. There is nothing wrong with trying, its all you have.
    True, most of us hardly get to use our degrees when we graduate, myself included. So it go tho, they tell you to stay in school and get your education but when you leave there aint anywhere to go with ur qualification OR you end up working in a position that undermines your intelligence and underpays you
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Well to my knowledge you can't just get into the IT Department like that I had a classmate who graduated with his Bachelors in IT and his is working as one of the tellers apparently you work an entry position the minimum of a year or so and whenever they are employing they check the staffs resume before employing outside so your goal is to get into the bank at any level and when it comes time around to filling the IT Departments you may can get in there depending on who you competing with.

tella with degree in IT ur fren crazy nah do tht nuh day