Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tera-Online (The Next Generation MMO)

because i acually played the game for a while, i hated the concept & gameplay and i also watched other gamers around me get to cap with good gears etc and saw that they had nothing to do mostly.

i played all ff games from gameboy come right up n there is always something missing, even though you have completed the game, same as the online version even when your cap (75) ur basically still a noob.

Okay well fair enough to each their own I'm just a strong believer that if one has never played something they should not judge it and the same applied for WoW even at lv 80 you have to learn all the new instances, change out your gear completely and learn how to best use your new moves because they way you speced your talents all the way until now may not be the best specs for Raiding or strictly PvPing and there was usually always something to do I have no idea what your friends were doing. I was really interested in trying out FFXI also but such is life.

What the release date on TERA?
    Last edited by Anubis; Mar 18, 2010 at 03:45 PM.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Onboard grapics oo my BLASPHEMY!!!
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by kilaj1 View Post
    Well they could pull what alot of these MMOs are doing nowadays, f2p BUT pay for extras, like SRO.

but wait pow and retro talking bout wow so much?? when last uno come get beat up by tron lol
    i need a machine. i can probably install it but i wont be able to enjoy pvpve cause the onboard graphics card is a piece of crap

Quote Originally Posted by zelink View Post
    because i acually played the game for a while, i hated the concept & gameplay and i also watched other gamers around me get to cap with good gears etc and saw that they had nothing to do mostly.

i played all ff games from gameboy come right up n there is always something missing, even though you have completed the game, same as the online version even when your cap (75) ur basically still a noob.

ahhh which game are u talking about?
    it cant be wow, cause at cap u have tons of thing to do.
    pve - tons of instances, 5 man, 10 man, 25 man
    pvp - tons of battleground, WSG, ARENA (2v2, 3v3, 5v5) ALRATHI, EYE OF THE STORM, and anout 2 new ones that they put in late last year. Duelling ppl from ur faction which does not count as battle ground.
    pvpve gears (Epics) - aint easy to get but with some sweat yeah u can do it.
    achievements - i remembered when i received that achievement for killing the 4 alliance heroes, i went to bed at about 4am that morning, thank god i dont work on saturdays.
    Factions rewards, mounts, enchants, recipies, gears and a lot of other stuffs.
    i could go on and on

no release dat on it, if i had to guess it will be 2011

i really think u should play wow and get to cap before u say the stuffs u say
    Last edited by retroblast; Mar 18, 2010 at 04:53 PM.
    XBOX LIVE ID retrospade
    League of Legends ID: retroe

Well one problem is people expect the new MMOs to come out with as much content as WoW has gained in over five years, which honestly would take a few more years in development before release in which time WoW would get more content. Also since MMOs are growing they start with a reasonable amount and then grow there after.

Thing about Aion is it's the decaf of Open World PvP. So a lot of people don't like that you can't kill anyone at anytime. But it is still open world PvP which many people dislike. It's not built on Instanced PvP which even more people don't like. Also the PvP is based on groups, classes compliment each other and it's very well balanced group wise, but most people want 1v1 balance.
    So like many games coming and to come it will only appeal to a certain fraction of the market which is fine with me I don't play a game because everyone else is playing it.

So unless a game coming out has:
    1-2 instances every 10 levels.
    Balanced around 1v1.
    Soloable to max level (ie. even though there are group activities you can skip them and go solo.).
    Has rated instances PvP for all level brackets.
    Has 10 - 20 Instances at end game.
    Very Casual friendly.

Then it will not be breaking the 2million mark.
    Guild Wars 2 is the only game with a chance at this as far as I see it.
    Instance PvP, you don't have to hunt the gear or level up. Just go to the area and you get a maxed character, you pick the gear and you jump in and fight.
    They will have their "open" PvP area also, which if done right will have the pseudo effect of Open PvP. So I'd say GuildWars 2 is a little on the way to hitting up 5 million, but more info will be needed.

Anyway Tera is Korean made so already that's 70 of the Western market hating it.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

This looks like it'll be worth checking out, this looks too good gfx wise to be free 2 play, will check it out on p server, if its good will be willing to pay 2 play. This been in the known since last year tho lol.

Boss vid
    Last edited by samurailos; Mar 19, 2010 at 12:06 AM.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

again this game will not be f2p. from what i read they pumped alot of money into the development thus f2p is a dream
    XBOX LIVE ID retrospade
    League of Legends ID: retroe

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Lightning View Post
    Well one problem is people expect the new MMOs to come out with as much content as WoW has gained in over five years, which honestly would take a few more years in development before release in which time WoW would get more content. Also since MMOs are growing they start with a reasonable amount and then grow there after.

Thing about Aion is it's the decaf of Open World PvP. So a lot of people don't like that you can't kill anyone at anytime. But it is still open world PvP which many people dislike. It's not built on Instanced PvP which even more people don't like. Also the PvP is based on groups, classes compliment each other and it's very well balanced group wise, but most people want 1v1 balance.
    So like many games coming and to come it will only appeal to a certain fraction of the market which is fine with me I don't play a game because everyone else is playing it.

So unless a game coming out has:
    1-2 instances every 10 levels.
    Balanced around 1v1.
    Soloable to max level (ie. even though there are group activities you can skip them and go solo.).
    Has rated instances PvP for all level brackets.
    Has 10 - 20 Instances at end game.
    Very Casual friendly.
    Then it will not be breaking the 2million mark.
    Guild Wars 2 is the only game with a chance at this as far as I see it.
    Instance PvP, you don't have to hunt the gear or level up. Just go to the area and you get a maxed character, you pick the gear and you jump in and fight.
    They will have their "open" PvP area also, which if done right will have the pseudo effect of Open PvP. So I'd say GuildWars 2 is a little on the way to hitting up 5 million, but more info will be needed.

Anyway Tera is Korean made so already that's 70 of the Western market hating it.
    Its not like that what is good is just good before WoW was butchered by Blizzard it was not casual gaming I remember I use to play it and it use to take some people so long to level they gave up before lv 30 and lv 70 was the highest at that time when the bar is set high your goal as a new gaming company is to get as close to that bar as possible if not pass it whether you want to try the same things and make it better or try something completely different its up to you but in most cases the goal is to surpass. That is exactly why Eve Online players don't really play anything else because the level that Eve Online PvP is on is a totally different standard its one of the most severe levels of PvPing in the MMORPG world you would take literally weeks to earn something just for your ship to be shot down and salvaged and you lose everything so to may Eve Online gamers the PvP in other MMORPGs are nothing. A standard has been set accept it for what it is try to be objective and not opinionated Microsoft is by far not the most superior OS but none the less in has the majority of the market for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by samurailos View Post
    This looks like it'll be worth checking out, this looks too good gfx wise to be free 2 play, will check it out on p server, if its good will be willing to pay 2 play. This been in the known since last year tho lol.
    Well from that trailer it looks slow or perhaps thats just the Warrior class I saw no real skill rotation just slashes and the same slash that does more damage but I don't know why they making the no target thing look like a innovation they have been several action RPGs but they are usually if not all offline this looks like on big MMO Action RPG.
    Last edited by Anubis; Mar 19, 2010 at 10:01 AM.

As i said it looks good graphics wise, dnno how good it'll be otherwise, since i didnt get in beta, but graphics alone cant carry a game, i watched some pvp, looked almost the same as aion pvp system lol, so figure it will be similar pvp wise. Aion's prob was lame bosses not enough variation in their attacks, just bash em till they die.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

What I didn't like is that mean and a group would clear up most of the mobs just for another group to run past us while we killing the last mob and then kill the boss and then we have to wait on the boss to respawn. If memory serves me correctly I had a decent amount of attacks on my Templar and I was just lv 25 so I didn't have any issues skill rotation I actually like my Templar. How long did you play it Samurai and up to what level?