Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What is stopping you from starting your own business?

Just recently I started to take my graphic work a little bit more seriously and in that short space of time I have had repeat clients. One client in fact asked me to develop two logos for him for two separate businesses that he started.

I said all of that to say this: people often think that starting a business in Ja and surviving are very slim and marred with bureaucratic red tape... The only true way to find out is to try for ones self
    RIG: i5 Quad CPU @ 2.67GHz | Gigabyte P55A-UD3 Mobo | ATI Radeon HD 5750 | WD 500GB HDD | Samsung 160GB HDD | Maxtor 160GB HDD | Samsung 120 GB HDD | Segate 160GB external HDD | Corsair 2 x 2GB DDR3 PC3 10666 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2 x 4GB DDR3 PC3 10666 | LG DVD RW+- | 700Watt OCz ModXstream Pro PSU | 17" Proview Widescreen | 32" Viore Widescreen

For me it's just laziness. Not capital or not having ideas, just lazy.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

You have to start somewhere and stay motivated. Keep the right people in your circle and know that it can be done! My little project here took 2 years of research and another 6 months of development.....but I got it done....through sweat and tears...no blood thank goodness - www.studyinjamaica.com . Today the 3rd component went live, and I am really happyI stuck it out http://procerts.studyinjamaica.com . You IT buffs will find good info on where to access IT certification training.

Couldn't have done it alone though....thanks to ma peeps SB! Bonafide fi life! Find good people to be with and bounce ideas off....2 heads are often better than your 1/2. alone :-)

Jamaica not favourable for pple wanting to start a business. Doing I.T in jamaica is sometimes like u a hussle downtown. I use to do a system admin job and mi still did haffi a hussle pan the side fi meet me expenses and it was not like mi did a pay rent or drive a car.