Thread: "FrvrOn" AAA Battery Powered Mobile

Default "FrvrOn" AAA Battery Powered Mobile

Barring network failure or saturation this one is sure to keep you connected!

Low Cost Handset Runs on AAA-Sized Batteries

We've seen increased efforts lately to push greater cell phone adoption into developing nations, and the latest to enter the fray is a low cost handset powered by commonly available AAA-sized batteries. Called the "FrvrOn," short for "forever on," Indian mobile phone company Oliver Telecommunications also outfitted its mobile phone with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, but has good reason for including an AAA compartment.

"We have electrification all across the country but the power supply is erratic," marketing manager Ravi Perti told AFP. "With our phone, all one needs to do is pack a few extra cells (batteries) if one is traveling in areas where one expects power supply disruptions."

Perti says, the phone can run for up to three hours on the stock lithium-ion battery, and another hour on a single AAA battery.

Source
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

Fail phone. Wrong section btw...

But yea fail phone.

1. No camera (To take disaster pix loool)
    2. No flashlight (Dark and this is the backbone of jamaica)
    3. AAA battery more expensive than AA
    4. 2 batteries.. Jamaicans have a thing against the #2.
    5. Ugly
    6. Who the hell is olive?
    7. What about times other than hurricanes.
    8. 24hrs in a day so thats 24 batteries per day?
    9. What if the network fails?
    10. Need i list more?

My Bad...Mod could you move this for me please?
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

dummest phone i av ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRudy View Post
    Fail phone. Wrong section btw...

But yea fail phone.

1. No camera (To take disaster pix loool)
    2. No flashlight (Dark and this is the backbone of jamaica)
    3. AAA battery more expensive than AA
    4. 2 batteries.. Jamaicans have a thing against the #2.
    5. Ugly
    7. What about times other than hurricanes.
    8. 24hrs in a day so thats 24 batteries per day?
    9. What if the network fails?
    10. Need i list more?
    You can't be serious. The only thing bad I see about this, is that it only runs 3 hour on the stock battery.
    I use a i3 laptop that runs World Community Grid all day.
    Crow: 316-2855 (LIME) Xfire: Napalmphoenix

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRudy View Post
    U ever watch popeye? Lol
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
    My Bad...Mod could you move this for me please?
    Why move when a simple title change can suffice. Isn't it a mobile phone, and what forum is this again

Seriously though I would buy one, buy a 36 pack of Duracell at PriceSmart and leave it in my hurricane supplies stash. I personally dont see anything wrong with it. I get the general concept of it. I've seen uglier phones, so form factor is not a problem. Afterall why would I want to be parading around after a hurricane with a sleek phone. 1) In Jamaica you gonna get robbed if you do (worst after a hurricane) 2) The place will be a general mess, can't risk damaging my BB in that heap, would much prefer to use a cheap phone. I love the concept seriously. My only problem is the battery life. Whats the standby time as opposed to the talk time when running on the AAA Battery?
    Last edited by Cultus; Mar 9, 2010 at 06:01 AM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

I think this is a good idea. Better to have a phone for an hour, or at least you know you can buy batteries for at the local store than waiting for power to come back. Unless you neighbour hype and have personal generators
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD