Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: application to run basic C/C+

does nyone kno whre i might find an application to write or compile programs in c or c+?

does nyone kno whre i might find an application to write or compile programs in c or c+? pls note i'm new to this so any help wud b appreciated. i found sumthin calld devc+ but it keeps askin for a source code
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 4, 2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    "I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake"- Descartes

Code::Blocks is a very good compiler.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Dev C++ or Codeblocks google them

I don't know much but the c and c plus plus books tell u where. U can always google the free ones. Like dev plus plus. Netbeans gcc and borland.
    Last edited by ramesh; Mar 4, 2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: REMOVED REFERENCE TO FILESHARING SITES

thanks....will i hav ny problm running it on a 64bt OS coz ive had that problm b4. i'm using windows 7 ultimate. i have a laptop running vista so if windows 7 isnt supportd i could use it

i tried dev + but wenever i try to run it i'm askd for a source code an nothin happens. am not really familiar with this so wud appreciate da help. sum1 recommended code blockers as well so i'll give that a shot
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 4, 2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    "I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake"- Descartes

You shouldn't have a problem with it. If it's not a 64bit app it'll install as a 32bit one was work just the same.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

you could always install Cygwin under windows and use g++ or cc to compile your programs.

You could take it a step further Microsoft has Visual Studio Express with includes Visual c++. This is free

If you are looking for an IDE to use with a 3rd party compiler take a look at Eclipse CDT

Try code blocks and let me know what its like.

Borland C++ will not run on a 64-bit version of Windows.

You can however get it to run in the XP-mode environment in Windows7 X64.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

look for dev c++ portable........
    thats what im using