Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: REVIEW of my Nokia E71: impressions after 5 months

There is a separate useful app called Gps data. This app will accurately tell speed, altitude, latitude, longitude, direction etc. You can also start a trip and it accurately measures your distance:

screenshot:

There are alot of useful gps apps in ovistore including race chrono which record lap times etc.

Verdict:
    The e71 gps system is spectacular, however it falls short because of the lack of maps for our region and lack of support in the form of turn by turn directions and routing. If these problems are fixed it might become a compelling choice for those looking to find their way around the turns and crevices of Jamaica.

End of part3
    Last edited by kalel17; Feb 22, 2010 at 01:27 PM.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaptor View Post
    Downloading from blue nokia: Blue Nokia Link

Downloading 'E71 (RM-357) Major 400.21.013 v6 (LTA)' will sort out the keyboard problem?

I am a noob at this.
    Yes it should if u got ur device from claro.. One thing since you are a noob follow the instructions carefully, make sure u are on a laptop or hav power backup since a power failure will kill ur fone.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

I just glanced this (and I rarely dip into the Mobile section), but this is a pretty damn good review. Don't forget to include your thoughts on value for money in your conclusion. Also, some pictures of the phone itself would be nice.
    I use a i3 laptop that runs World Community Grid all day.
    Crow: 316-2855 (LIME) Xfire: Napalmphoenix

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Yes it should if u got ur device from claro.. One thing since you are a noob follow the instructions carefully, make sure u are on a laptop or hav power backup since a power failure will kill ur fone.
    Ok boss respec. I will give it a shot when I get home.
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

Yea didn't see your thoughts on value for money but I must say you really loooove this phone.

GPS
    The american satelites have an accuracy to 50m for civilian use and as little as 10m for millitary.
    Ive gotten 10m accuracy using the E72 while driving with Googlemaps, and the included nokia maps, even while driving. have u checked recently with the new E71 firmware?

I find the map still useable though on a certain level.
    Nokia maps with turn by turn is included on the E72 but the maps lack detail although i can see they are adding destinations (such as restaurants, hotels, and other places of interest) so it can possibly be handy for a visitor.

Very much so it has gotten me out of a jam quite a few times (not so familiar with Jamaica's Roads Btw)
    Last edited by duberryd; Feb 22, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duberryd View Post
    Ive gotten 10m accuracy using the E72 while driving with Googlemaps, and the included nokia maps, even while driving. have u checked recently with the new E71 firmware?

Nokia maps with turn by turn is included on the E72 but the maps lack detail although i can see they are adding destinations (such as restaurants, hotels, and other places of interest) so it can possibly be handy for a visitor.

Very much so it has gotten me out of a jam quite a few times (not so familiar with Jamaica's Roads Btw)
    Actually civilian gps is within accuracy of 50m to prevent it from being accurately used by underground criminal organisation. It will vary wildly from that 50 onward to something like 5m(which i sometime get) but will NEVER be accurate to any single degree over any period of time.. In other words it will deliberately fluctuate. Military gps is between 10m and 4inches.

The review is in direct reference to the E71's gps system, i find nokia maps on it quite lacking and so the review was entirely based on google maps and NOT nokia maps... So u cant make comparison to the e72 here because they both ship with different maps version (ovi vs nokia maps) and the review made no mention of nokia/ovi maps, the screenshots were all of google's option.

Quote Originally Posted by d_skillz View Post
    Yea didn't see your thoughts on value for money but I must say you really loooove this phone.
    The review isnt finished read the contents on the first page and you will see that services and my final say in conclusion is yet to come.. So yes my opinion on value will be there in that last segment.

The update using Phoenix was great. Respec boss.
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaptor View Post
    The update using Phoenix was great. Respec boss.
    Yea no prob jus glad to b of service