Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: REVIEW of my Nokia E71: impressions after 5 months

@Kalel17: Great job! Reading your review made we want a E71.

Have you tried Skype for Symbain?

Quote Originally Posted by snoop99 View Post
    Why you always calling things ugly..thats a perception, i bet it was looking beautiful to the designers..the icons looks ok to me..it might not be the best looking..but certainly not UGLY...like your posts tho...
    Its opinion related really, the comparison was with icons on phones dating back 4yrs before the e71 came about.. They had much better looking icons, as a matter of fact only the e71/e66 have that icon pack which is terrible when compared to the n95's, n82's etc. The grey looking icons just doesnt match the look of the phone(opinion). Ofcourse in a review am allowed to voice my opinion on the state of the device based on how i feel about it, so its quite natural. I even went as far as to try changing them by messing with the ROM files, they revolts me that much.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by gravyflex View Post
    @Kalel17: Great job! Reading your review made we want a E71.
    Have you tried Skype for Symbain?
    Well not yet coz am stuck with edge for claro which is useless and edge with digicel... I believe it might be possible with digicel's edge considering that 128kbps uplink and 128kbps downlink aint impossible... The jitter is the prob
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Well not yet coz am stuck with edge for claro which is useless and edge with digicel... I believe it might be possible with digicel's edge considering that 128kbps uplink and 128kbps downlink aint impossible... The jitter is the prob
    I have tried skype it works fine for IM your skype contacts, i find it rather data hungry while on the mobile data network.

Have you tried Fring ? I have it on my e72 and it should work fine with FP1. I can sign into skype through fring and place/receive video calls (uses front facing video call camera) with my skype contacts. You can also call landlines if you have skype credit.

Voice calls over fring to skype contacts over 3g are pretty clear and close enough to a regular cell call. Skype video calls through fring area bit choppy through claro3g but pretty fair on Lime 3g. Ofcourse you can use wifi and will get very good voice and video calls through fring.

Quote Originally Posted by duberryd View Post
    I have tried skype it works fine for IM your skype contacts, i find it rather data hungry while on the mobile data network.
    Have you tried Fring ? I have it on my e72 and it should work fine with FP1. I can sign into skype through fring and place/receive video calls (uses front facing video call camera) with my skype contacts. You can also call landlines if you have skype credit.
    Voice calls over fring to skype contacts over 3g are pretty clear and close enough to a regular cell call. Skype video calls through fring area bit choppy through claro3g but pretty fair on Lime 3g. Ofcourse you can use wifi and will get very good voice and video calls through fring.
    Yea had fringe for sometime but deleted it since i didnt use it that much, i find slick a much better im app

I vote for nimbuzz, multi-platform just in case you have multiple platforms.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Yea had fringe for sometime but deleted it since i didnt use it that much, i find slick a much better im app
    Does slick support skype contacts? never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    I vote for nimbuzz, multi-platform just in case you have multiple platforms.
    while i like nimbuzz, fring lets me do video calls via skype, international celluar video call finally available to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by PrenticeX View Post
    I'd recommend this application as well for web browsing its called Skyfire. Its one of the best if not the best web browser i've used in terms of Flash, java,..etc support.

Screenshot

i agree with that, its the best browser i've ever used.

finally got the chance to read this review n it was well put together. good job

looking out for more.

Just got my hands on this device not too long ago, your review was quite informative and well put together, the review was greatly appreciated.

The Python link seems to be dead though, could you re-up it?
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

Quote Originally Posted by nehrou View Post
    Just got my hands on this device not too long ago, your review was quite informative and well put together, the review was greatly appreciated.
    The Python link seems to be dead though, could you re-up it?
    I tried and its wrking... gonna upload somewhere else.