Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange msn messenger contacts

Thats why i hate 2 things...

1. Chain mail...
    2. Flash Drives...

It's like everyother day i have to reject one of these..

Same issue here about every week or so I have to reject at least one.

I think it may be a Microsoft security loophole that these people are exploiting, its just like how my hotmail email is the only email riddled with spam.

happens to me everyday as well... quite annoying.

I started getting them too but its with the email I use for general non-important internet activity, so that email will get tossed around a lot when I'm idling on social networks or trying to sign up for some free product or website. I thought it was my free and open use of this particular email that opened me to the bot attacks. Didn't know it was widespread issue.

I have another msn email which I only use for family or official communications, I haven't noticed any contact requests on that one yet. More than likely we will be more at risk if we use our emails widely.
    Last edited by silentburn; Feb 18, 2010 at 12:28 PM.

For changing their manners and altering their customs, there is nothing better than music.
    Confusious 400 BC.

thought is me one have dem ...... everytime i sign in them show up....sometimes all 4 requests too .... ahh bwoy ...straight block and delete tho

get dem, dont accept them. if i do misclick and they get accepted, i go straight into msn and delete and block them
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRudy View Post
    I'm wondering how they got my email address..
    Do you read all of the privacy information for every site you join or do you just click the "accept" or "agree" button?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight View Post
    Malware infects some user's computer. Malware searches hard disk and grabs email addresses stored in files and addressbooks. Malware sends these addresses back to cybercriminals. Cybercriminals sell addresses to spammers. Spammers enlist malware writers to create IM spambots. IM spambots use harvested email addresses to spam those addresses that correspond to IM accounts. End result is you get strange contacts requesting addition to your messenger list.
    Malware been busy.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

omg, i thought it was just me. one day i logged on and i got about 7 or 8 back to back. i had to click block for all of them. it is seriously annoying i dont even know how so many ppl got my addy

same thing for me!! i even uninstall it and re install it but same difference even ,make a different and longer password
    BLACKBERRY 8520