Thread: Windows 7 notification started today

Post Windows 7 notification started today

Well, I am sure you have heard... effective February 15th 2010, those using the pre-release version of Windows 7 will begin getting pop-up notification at specific interval.

Is true -- just got a couple notifying me to backup my system and install a released version of Windows 7; I have 14 days according to the notification.

Time to starting thinking of alternatives.

later

Yup just got the same message but for some strange reason I thought it was a year it was offered for and if so I shouldn't be getting any notifications until around April-June because I think thats when I got my copy.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Not so at all offer ends in march so you have limited time before you are totally locked out. Rearming should work but am not totally sure.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

Post Wanna know for sure? Well here...

I found this at http://gizmodo.com/5240677/windows-7...ore-expiration

It would be cool to find out what happens then for real... wanna move your clock forward? Or did MS think of a catch to those trying that one already?

Windows 7 RC1 doesn't expire until June 1, but we found a catch, and it's a pretty horrible one. Starting March 1, it'll shut down every two hours.

Watch the calendar. The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you'll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010. You'll also need to install the programs and data that you want to use.

Really? Really guys? You know, if you wanted us to stop using RC1 on March 1, it'd be totally fine to just have it expire. That's cool. The trial's over, time to move on people. But turning the entire OS into a crippling piece of harassmentware? Way to turn something awesome into a huge douchebomb moment for yourselves.

Anybody feeling brave enough to move their clocks up to March 1 to see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by yahdmon View Post
    Windows 7 RC1 doesn't expire until June 1, but we found a catch, and it's a pretty horrible one. Starting March 1, it'll shut down every two hours.

Watch the calendar. The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you'll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010. You'll also need to install the programs and data that you want to use.

Really? Really guys? You know, if you wanted us to stop using RC1 on March 1, it'd be totally fine to just have it expire. That's cool. The trial's over, time to move on people. But turning the entire OS into a crippling piece of harassmentware? Way to turn something awesome into a huge douchebomb moment for yourselves.

Anybody feeling brave enough to move their clocks up to March 1 to see what happens?
    LOLOL that word is classic think am going to borrow it in the future.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

are you referring to RC-release candidate? if so i guess i have to start lookin around too

I just heard it on bbc .
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com