Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping Online from Jamaica

Default Re: Shopping Online from Jamaica

While we are on this topic does anyone here use paypal to shop online? i have been seeing this paypal payment method on many sites.
    Is it better than using a credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    While we are on this topic does anyone here use paypal to shop online? i have been seeing this paypal payment method on many sites.
    Is it better than using a credit card?
    Leo, do a search for paypal. We have had a lot of discussion on it. And they should answer your questions.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

I have spoken to a few of my friends and some have suggested that I get a visa debit card or a mastercard debit card. This card operates like a normal debit card and can be used to shop online wherever visa mastercard/visa is accepted.

I went to NCB today to get one but they didnt offer it.

Where in Jamaica can I get one of these cards?
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Try scotia Bank
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceheadband
    I have spoken to a few of my friends and some have suggested that I get a visa debit card or a mastercard debit card. This card operates like a normal debit card and can be used to shop online wherever visa mastercard/visa is accepted.

I went to NCB today to get one but they didnt offer it.

Where in Jamaica can I get one of these cards?
    That was what I really wanted initially, but could not find a bank that offered it. I therefore had to get a credit card instead, so I can drown my self deeper and deeper in debt everyday.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

Does it make any sense getting a credit card for online shopping? many merchant sites place ristrictions on credit cards with international billing address for securty reasons. Is there any way to get around this?

Does it make any sense getting a credit card for online shopping? many merchant sites place ristrictions on credit cards with international billing address for securty reasons. Is there any way to get around this?
    Actually I almost never have a problem with this, I know I cant buy on the HP website with my card, and theres one other place I tried to shop at but couldnt, but for the most part it works. Furthermore if you find a place that wont take the int'l card, but happens to accept Paypal, just sign up for a PayPal account and then load the funds from your credit card.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

Actually that don't work i tried it. Paypal verifies the cards that u use, if ur card's billing address is differrent from the address that u use to sign up with paypal they don't accept it. So i run into the same problem again when paypal issues my Jamaican mailing address to merchants. Im thinking of signing up with mailpac to get a us mailing address, now if ncb would be nice and change my billing address then evrything will work out fine, but i doubt they would do that.

BTW anyone here shop @ newegg.com? If i could at least get the card to work there i would be happy.

Actually that don't work i tried it. Paypal verifies the cards that u use, if ur card's billing address is differrent from the address that u use to sign up with paypal they don't accept it. So i run into the same problem again when paypal issues my Jamaican mailing address to merchants. Im thinking of signing up with mailpac to get a us mailing address, now if ncb would be nice and change my billing address then evrything will work out fine, but i doubt they would do that.
    Yea, youre right, never really thought about that. As I said though, I rarely have problems and I shop online all the time.