Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping Online from Jamaica

Default Re: Shopping Online from Jamaica

I am currently using MailPac, and their service is really good. Have no problems. Just place credit card on file, once item is here it will be deliver to my office. sweet.
    Be what's next!

Does it work out though? As in is it cheaper to buy stuff overseas or just buying it here, also how look does it take to get ur item once u order it??
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    Does it work out though? As in is it cheaper to buy stuff overseas or just buying it here, also how look does it take to get ur item once u order it??
    Yep definately, well for larger items anyway. Let me give you an example, the last laptop I bought retailed out here for about $100,000 at the time. I decided to go directly to Dell.com and paid about $950 US for it, then paid about $14,000 in MailPac and customs charges. A total spend of about $72,000. Saved at least 28gs right there.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

Ohh my, thats alot of savings there.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

Yeah thats huge savings!

@Moni-Q
    So on average a MailPac customer would pay 25% more over the cost of the product?
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Good one Sandor
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

don't know if this is worth mentioning but i signed up in order to bing my videocard in from rma, can't really tell how suitable a solution they are if you wanted to import regurlarly
    http://www.globalcourierja.com/index-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by juiceheadband
    Yeah thats huge savings!

@Moni-Q
    So on average a MailPac customer would pay 25% more over the cost of the product?
    Well it isnt really as clear cut as that. They charge by weight, about $200-and something per pound I think, dont remember exactly. The unpredictable part is how much they will have to pay when they come through customs, a cost which is in turn passed to you. This figure will ultimately depend on the side of the bed that the customs officer woke up on. I used to notice that one week I'd pay $800 in customs fees for item A, and then the next week I'd pay $1200 for the same item A. Generally speaking though, you do save.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale
    don't know if this is worth mentioning but i signed up in order to bing my videocard in from rma, can't really tell how suitable a solution they are if you wanted to import regurlarly
    http://www.globalcourierja.com/index-2.html
    The good thing about those people is that, unlike MailPac, if you dont have a credit card, they'll use their own credit card and charge you a percentage. I have an account there but Ive never used it.