Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony PlayStation Portable aka PSP

Default Sony PlayStation Portable aka PSP

Sony's PlayStation Portable game machine goes on sale in the United States and Canada on March 24.

LOS ANGELES, May 11, 2004 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) announced today the product specifications for the handheld video game system, PlayStation®Portable (PSP™), three-dimensional-CG games incorporating high-quality, full-motion video similar to PlayStation®2 can be played anytime, anywhere with PSP. PSP is scheduled to be launched in Japan in the end of 2004, followed by the North American and European launches in the spring of 2005.

PSP comes in a black color, with a 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD centered in a sleek ergonomic design with a high-quality finish that fits comfortably in the hands. The dimensions are 170mm x 74mm x 23mm with a weight of 260g. PSP features a high-quality TFT LCD that displays full color (16.77 million colors) on a 480 x 272 pixel high-resolution screen. It also comes complete with the basic functions of a portable player such as built-in stereo speakers, exterior headphone connector, brightness control and sound mode selection. Keys and controls inherit the same operability of PlayStation® and PlayStation 2, familiar to fans all over the world.

PSP also comes equipped with diverse input/output connectors such as USB 2.0, and 802.11b (Wi-Fi) wireless LAN, providing connectivity to various devices in the home and to the wireless network outside. The world of gaming is further enhanced by enabling users to enjoy online gaming, or by connecting multiple PSPs to each other, directly via the wireless network. In addition, software and data can be downloaded through a USB or wireless network onto Memory Stick™ PRO Duo. All of these features can be enjoyed on one single system.

PSP adopts a small but high-capacity optical medium UMD™ (Universal Media Disc), enabling game software, rich with full-motion video and other forms of digital entertainment content, to be stored. The newly developed UMD, the next-generation compact storage media, is only 60mm in diameter but can store up to 1.8GB of digital data. A broad range of digital entertainment content such as music video clips, movies and sports programs can be provided on UMD. To protect this entertainment content, a robust copyright protection system has been developed which utilizes a combination of a unique disc ID, a 128 bit AES encryption keys for the media, and individual ID for each PSP hardware unit.

SCEI intends to aggressively promote PSP and UMD as the new handheld entertainment platform for the coming era.
    original artcle
    Calm Like a BOMB

Default Re: Sony PlayStation Portable aka PSP

Pictures....(duhhh)

wowza.....GBA lookout!!
    Calm Like a BOMB

oooohhh ahhhhhhh daddy like...........ahem! did they mention the price tag cuz last i read it was around 180.00us or somthin like that.i definatly gettin one.do u know if u could transfer say ps1 game data to these umd discs cuz that would be sweet
    *imaginig playing valkyrie profile on psp* hohohohohohhoho sweet indeed.
    http://img33.exs.cx./img33/381/kakashiraikiri1.gif
    Got the image from Raijin at Narutoex.com

Those who disobey orders are called trash.............
    ....but you know what I think,those that don't take care of their freinds are worse than trash.

psp cost us$250 bucks and comes with carrying case and a few other goodies
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

ye i heard of the package that comes with carrying case,adaptor,ear phones and some other goodies hmmm thats alot of money i hope it comes pre-packaged with a game.

....but you know what I think,those that don't take care of their freinds are worse than trash.

i think a demo disk was thrown in at the last minutes not sure though
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

well at 250 a piece they sure as hell can do better than that i wonder how much one o'those umd dics going for.

not sure about games but umd movies are between 20 and 30 bucks, games should a lil more
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

hmmm but i hope that somehow u can play ur old ps1 games via umd discs by burning the info to 'em perhaps

it looks cool but i aint a handheld person, that's not to say i wouldn't borrow it from 1 of my friends, but shelling out at least 100 bones for a handheld just isn't me
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...d_1024_768.jpg

releasing restrictions to restriction level 1