Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Default New Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    Ok i actually saw quite a while now(couple weeks) and i'm hoping its real cuz this would be HOT
    SPOnG can today exclusively blow the lid on Electronic Arts’ next Need for Speed game, detailing the company’s thinking on the leading franchise update for the first time.

The series will ditch the Underground moniker, with the new game carrying the title Need for Speed: Most Wanted. The information, leaked to us last week, states that the multi-platform offering will ship across the world in late 2005.

Most Wanted will be available for Xbox 2, Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, PC, PSP and “Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS.” A pleasant added value news snippet details a “…simultaneous ship, with the Xbox2 platform", which indicates a late 2005 release for Xbox2 too. Though whether the machine will go under the ‘Xbox2’ name is unclear. But the launch period, as dated by the world’s leading third-party publisher, can now be pencilled in.

The picture we get is of a game that is not really too different from the Underground duo, with one key difference: Most Wanted takes the series back to its roots, with police chases making up the body of the gameplay. We expect the game to feature a much greater emphasis on movie style police getaway missions, in levels specifically designed to emphasise this aspect of the game, with gameplay focussing on eluding police pursuit vehicles. The game will also feature other multiple action modes such as race, circuit, sprint and knockout.

There will also also be a rap-sheet system, in which a player’s notoriety is upped by performing more dangerous manoeuvres in the view of following police.

Four distinct 'regions' will be offered, along with real time weather and an evolving environment. There will be no racing during the night-time, with all the action taking place between sun up and sunset.

Online play will be included with what is described as a ‘similar feature set to NFSU2’ though this time, world-wide play will be included with no conflict between the North American and European versions.

Around 100 motors will be on offer. ‘Asian import (tuners), exotics, American muscle and Euro imports,” as detailed by EA.

Oh, one more thing! Burnout 4 is slated for Xbox 2 launch.

We’ll post screens when they become available.

Well i'm definitely looking foward to this(supposedly to be released in november 2k5) anyway this would a nice drift back into more realistic driving and cop chases, reminds me of posche unleased,ahhhh what do ya'll think?
    Last edited by samurailos; Feb 3, 2005 at 02:57 PM.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

Default Re: New Need for Speed for 2k5!!!!!

More info found on gr8 nfs fan site (http://www.nfs-planet.de/index2.php?lang=eng#2272)
    Which stated the officiality of the game as being in the making process, dat tuff

Hot: Details about NFS Most Wanted! Wednesday, 19.01.2005

As we reported a couple of times, there are many rumours about the new Need for Speed title "Need for Speed: Most Wanted". Now the onlinemagazine SPOnG could get some exclusive details:

Most Wanted will be available for Xbox 2, Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, PC, PSP and "Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS" in late 2005. A pleasant added value news snippet details a "…simultaneous ship, with the Xbox2 platform", which indicates a late 2005 release for Xbox2 too.

Most Wanted takes the series back to its roots, with police chases making up the body of the gameplay. We expect the game to feature a much greater emphasis on movie style police getaway missions, in levels specifically designed to emphasise this aspect of the game, with gameplay focussing on eluding police pursuit vehicles.

There is also a rap-sheet system, in which a player’s notoriety is upped by performing more dangerous manoeuvres in the view of following police.

Eight game modes are promised:
    - Multiple point races
    - Toll booth races
    - Speed trap photos
    - Outrun
    - Outrun best route
    - Circuit
    - Sprint
    - Knockout – Cost to state, pursuit milestones and headlines Milestones

Four ‘distinct regions’ will be offered, along with real time weather and an evolving environment. There will be no racing during the night-time, with all the action taking place between sun up and sunset.

Online play will be included with what is described as a ‘similar feature set to NFSU2’ though this time, world-wide play will be included with no conflict between the North American and European versions.

Around 100 motors will be on offer. ‘Asian import (tuners), exotics, American muscle and Euro imports,” as detailed by EA.

So we just can hope that this source is reliable, because this information looks really very promising.

Ok i just read though and its practically the same as above info oh well...
    Last edited by samurailos; Feb 3, 2005 at 03:00 PM.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||

I am definately loving it...my all time favorite game in the whole wide world.

Never played the Porsche Unleashed though and I hate the two, stupid-ones-to-me, that they have now.

Gimmie some cops and back roads like they have in NFS HP... and I will be happy.

Finally them put back in the Police & Knockout. So far this sounds promising, too bad StreetX and Drift won't be included. I'll definitely keep an eye open for this game .

Thanks for the heads up dude.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

No prob, I'm keeping an eye on it too, cuz i wanna see how the graphics is gonna tun out and i hope it doesn't take as much as it took to run nfsu2 to run it smoothly, hopefully the sound is as good as nfsu2 or even better, cuz i actually play nfsu2 without music at all just to hear the engine, turbo blow-off, nos, revs its all good cuz they sound almost real, i think they did sum recording of real ca sounds as far as i read. Hopefully most wanted turns out to be what we all looking forward to.

It seems that they will be a humdinger. I am awaiting it myself
    Honestly NFSU2 disappointed me so now we shall see.
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

i hope u can still fully customise and tune cars
    The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.

Me too but i doubt that, i think they might include light tuning but we gotta keep in mind,there'll be exotics,muscles and the loved jap tuner cars, hopefully they'll ace in diff categories, right now i want screenshots or sum news on it from EA. Then I'll feel really hyped for this.

they might just have it for the jap tuner cars. if they dont have any customising at all and just have better graphics, it will just feel like ur playing a newer verison of hot pursuit
    The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.

ooh sounds like a gta of racing. cool!