Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 is Fastest-selling OS in History

Default Windows 7 is Fastest-selling OS in History

Well well no surprise here M$ has another cash cow on it hands let the milking begin. lol
    A year ago Microsoft was struggling. The world's largest software firm had built up a massive user base, but it was losing their respect. Its current (at the time) operating system Windows Vista brought many innovations, but also frustrations that led to an icy public reception. So Microsoft decided to do something unprecedented -- it would allow the public to try its latest version of Windows, and then take their advice and use it to produce something people could truly get excited about.

That gamble paid off handsomely and it reversed the fortunes of struggling Microsoft, returning it to dynamic growth. Windows 7 launched in October of last year and proved a commercial smash. All the Apple commercials in the world couldn't damper the public enthusiasm about the new operating systems. And Microsoft stepped up its own populist ads featuring average Joes and Janes experiencing (or suggesting) the improvements, fueling further growth.

Now Microsoft's brand image is at a new high and Microsoft just reported its best quarter in its history. Microsoft reports a net revenue of $19.02B USD, a 14 percent increase from the previous year. Microsoft also reported operating income, net income and diluted earnings per share of $8.51B USD, $6.66B USD and $0.74 USD per share, up 43 percent, 60 percent and 57 percent, respectively from a year ago. The revenue was boosted by $1.71B USD in deferred revenue on Windows 7 preorders, among other things.
    Source
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

They need to clean up and revamp Windows Mobile now and Apple will be pretty much done
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

$19.02B USD, which other company pullin in that kinda a revenue right now?
    Thats more than the budget for Jamaican economy.............
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

imagine the amount minus piracy lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

good...the more revenue them get
    the more lenient microsoft will become....on those pirates,

jah see and know seh we really can't afford to buy software.
    The only way to discover the limits of the possible...is to go beyond them into the impossible. BBerry Bold 9000

Quote Originally Posted by Anthon View Post
    $19.02B USD, which other company pullin in that kinda a revenue right now?
    Thats more than the budget for Jamaican economy.............
    Haha, that is amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by zangetshou View Post
    Haha, that is amazing!!
    True yute! Our economy according to the CIA Factbook we pulling in a revenue of US $2.898 billion..... Big ole country like wi, wid so much ginal and big shots and brilliant ppl mek a comparatively small company like M$ bringin in more than 9x our revenue?
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

windows 7 ultimate not bad at all
    370-5652 ...... Only God can Judge Me

Nope, running 7 Professional. This OS worthy of purchase.
    I think I am going to do just that............
    Workstation: MacPro Server: HP Proliant ML10v2 with TrueNAS 12.0 Core

I guess this is not surprising. It is demand for Windows 7 plus the pent up demand of those who didn't purchase Vista.

I refused to use Vista, but it is likely that I will use Windows 7.