Thread: VirtualBox Issues

Default VirtualBox Issues

Maybe this should actually be in the *nix section.

I'm having a somewhat minor problem getting VBox to install properly on a XP SP3 host. I selected all the options, and followed the readme. However, I got a warning that the drivers didn't pass Windows logo tests or something (some network bridging driver), and chose to continue anyway since the doc said so, but the system BSoDed a couple times on this choice.

I can use VBox alright (shortcuts, etc present), but the install isn't complete since there's no uninstall entry and MS Installer finds and asks to roll it back whenever it activates via another install. And if I resume the install, it BSoDs on the driver install. Is there a way around this (apart from removing VBox)?

The next problem I have is that I'm trying to get a live CD running in the VM to install. The host is a XP Pro SP3, 1.61GHz, 1GB (about 50% always available) system. The guest config is Linux (Ubuntu), 256MB, 1GB & 4GB dynamic non-partitioned VMDKs (made with qemu-img; it's the most supported format) and I'm trying to get Ubuntu Mini Remix working. But when I boot via the ISO, after choosing to either install or try without install, the Ubuntu logo (black & white animation) shows for a while as if it's loading, then I get a black screen. No prompt, nothing. I can see if I type like in a terminal, but nothing's accepted. What can be the problem here?
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Rollback the virtualbox installation and clean the registry with an app such as ccleaner. Also, end all non-essential startup items via msconfig.