Page 256 of 306 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3057

Thread: League of Legends

Cant bother search for that thread, comments r in the same link i posted. Game doesnt need more support champs, what they need to do s stop making healer oriented supports and make them more like janna and karma. Champs like taric just need his passive changed.

This game needs some true tanks, because tanks in this game are basically dead since tanky dps exist.
    Discord Zelink#7178

EUW Go4LoL Monthly Finals December 2011

Grand Final coming up now:
    http://en.twitch.tv/esltv_studio1

*pity nx has left the forums...was gonna point out that kennen has won every game so far >.<

Quote Originally Posted by zelink View Post
    Cant bother search for that thread, comments r in the same link i posted. Game doesnt need more support champs, what they need to do s stop making healer oriented supports and make them more like janna and karma. Champs like taric just need his passive changed.

This game needs some true tanks, because tanks in this game are basically dead since tanky dps exist.
    I kinda confused here...you say they don't need more support champs but they should instead make more support champs that aren't healer oriented. I think there is a wide variety of champs that can fill the tank role already but not enough variety of support champs. If you say not enough true tanks. I think its fair to say not enough true supports
    League of Legends: Ign - Dryhealz
    Dragon Nest Sea: Ign - Dryhealz
    WoW Private Server

I am saying if riot should ever make support champs it should have similar concepts to karma and janna. Soraka and sona are god dam boring. Sona is not that bad since she does not have endless sustain like soraka. I play taric quite often myself, very good champ but his passive makes it hard for him you have to hit to get mana and by doing that you will be pushing the lane.

Played alistar and others too and i have won lots of games with them. I have seen people use leona and blitz and nunu as supports and wreck more while, need to give them a try.

What i mean is that this game is lacking a true tank. Amumu and rammus, malphite and prenerf shen are good examples of tanks.

Shen is slated to get some buffs soon which will reward people by being good, land a taunt successfully in battle energy is restored. So basically he isnt as useless once he lands a taunt and then goes oom. Energy cost on his taunt is going down as well.
    Discord Zelink#7178

Quote Originally Posted by zelink View Post
    I am saying if riot should ever make support champs it should have similar concepts to karma and janna. Soraka and sona are god dam boring. Sona is not that bad since she does not have endless sustain like soraka. I play taric quite often myself, very good champ but his passive makes it hard for him you have to hit to get mana and by doing that you will be pushing the lane.

Played alistar and others too and i have won lots of games with them. I have seen people use leona and blitz and nunu as supports and wreck more while, need to give them a try.

What i mean is that this game is lacking a true tank. Amumu and rammus, malphite and prenerf shen are good examples of tanks.

Shen is slated to get some buffs soon which will reward people by being good, land a taunt successfully in battle energy is restored. So basically he isnt as useless once he lands a taunt and then goes oom. Energy cost on his taunt is going down as well.
    I always said Taric and Ashe need reworked passives bcz of how useless the current ones are. I wouldnt even call amumu and rammus true tanks because they can still go offensive or even stay defensive and output tons of damage. No tank exists in this game (at least wat the true concept of a tank is). Period.

Blitz, nunu and leona as supports are aimed at netting a decent amount of kills in the laning phase, but it requires mutual cooperation btwn AD, support and jungler else it just fails.
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD

ok, noob question.................wtf does TL;DR mean?
    i love my country, but i fear my elected officials
    Call me on 3538447.
    topdogclu @ hotmail.com

@kev
    TL;DR means 'too long, didnt read'...so its used to indicate a summary for the lazy people who dont want to read the long post.

@tanks
    I think there are enough true tanks...well...in terms of Riot's definition of a tank:
    A champion who initiates, holds the enemy in place, and does enough damage not to be completely ignored
    . e.g. Alistar, Amumu, Leona, Jarvan(OP since release),Rammus, Shen(needs buff), Malphite, Sejuani, Galio, and Volibear. The thing with some of these 'tanks', is that they do too much damage while not itemized for it. So we have a division where the tanks that do 'tons of damage' are called tanky dps....and the tanks that dont are called 'true tanks' and are pretty unpopular. So, in reality, we got tons of tanks (CC + survivabilty + threat), just too much DAMAGEZ...I'm looking at you atma's impaler.
    Last edited by High Hemplar; Feb 9, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

In my opinion a support is a champion who's design is made for sustaining, maintaining, assisting, or backing up a team. If you were to consider this you would see that the list is very small. I'm not saying there are any true tanks because there isn't a category in league that says true tank the category is tank but there is a category for support. All I'm saying is, there is already enough champions that can fill the game's category of a tank that give the players variety to play them whereas there isn't enough support champions (by my definition) to give players variety to play them.

Edit: Can you guys also explain to me why Leona is always overlooked as a real good tank. I like her kit.
    Last edited by PvPAddicted; Feb 9, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
    League of Legends: Ign - Dryhealz
    Dragon Nest Sea: Ign - Dryhealz
    WoW Private Server

Quote Originally Posted by PvPAddicted View Post
    In my opinion a support is a champion who's design is made for sustaining, maintaining, assisting, or backing up a team. If you were to consider this you would see that the list is very small. I'm not saying there are any true tanks because there isn't a category in league that says true tank the category is tank but there is a category for support. All I'm saying is, there is already enough champions that can fill the game's category of a tank that give the players variety to play them whereas there isn't enough support champions (by my definition) to give players variety to play them.

Edit: Can you guys also explain to me why Leona is always overlooked as a real good tank. I like her kit.
    @Support
    The issue with creating 'support' champs, is maintaining the visceral/rewarding feeling of playing the game. I remember a champ designer explaining the dilemma. Casting 'support/assisting' spells on a champion isnt fun for most people, its hard to give the user a satisfying visual, sound or visceral effect with buffs/debuff spells. Good news though, they plan to release another support champion 'soon'.....and it wont be centered around healing.

@Leona
    I like leona too. I think there are a number of reasons why she isnt as popular as other tanks:
    1. With the current meta, the tanks go top lane or in the jungle 90% of the time. Leona's top lane and jungle isnt all that great.
    2. and most important...The popular tanks/tanky dps just do more damage than leona.

Whenever I see Leona its as a support/tank bot lane, and she is used to bully that lane. I liked Dignitas's 'dunk comp' with Leona + Jarvan botlane and Pantheon in the jungle. More teams need to explore these kinds of combos imo.

Check out:

http://www.lolpro.com

Very informative site from Team Curse, I'd recommend this to beginners and pros. Curse has one of the best LoL theorycrafters in the form of SYDTKO, so I know the info. is legit.