Page 206 of 306 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3057

Thread: League of Legends

Quote Originally Posted by zelink View Post
    If you were that skilled hemplar you would be 1800elo. All the games i have lost are due to leavers, only game i think i really lost was my first game with amumu and i did really bad.

Draft mode normal is alot better than solo que draft rank, riots rank games are ****.

Iv seen people who know everything, items theory craft but play like crap in game. Only a few players id ever want to run a team with and those are los, kazwin and omega.. When i have players like that on my team i'm sure of a win. Started playing with dryhealz as well and he is a good player.
    At no point did I say I was high elo/skilled. However, give me anything below 1350 and I will stomp the **** out of it, no excuses. I do play like crap, my biggest problem is last hitting. However, I know what is required to at least stay around 1400, despite leavers,trolls,feeders and the other excuses.

For every player that seh them stuck in elo hell, I can show you a good player who never gets stuck below a certain elo.

Every one is entitled to their opinion still, but I can provide proof for my opinion. Anytime u ready to put your team to the test, lemme know.

Default Player Type....

I think the issue here is the motive behind the player. Ranked was created as a platform to grade and reward skilled players(the ladder model that every online game and its cousin has), hence the difference between normal and ranked draft mode or not. There is no real reward in normal skilled or not all it says is games won, doesnt even tell games lost... anyway. Having said that generally people who play ranked are "try harding"/"taking the game more seriously" etc due to the weight of a win or loss:
    1) It shows in your history; 2) It affects your "elo" ; 3) The more you lose the longer it takes to reach the top. etc etc. But you all know this.

My point is how can you trash talk a system that at any given time is pitting 1.5 million active users against each other of different skill levels etc. How did high elo players reach high elo repeatedly on smurfs, on their main accounts etc., why is it that youre not doing the same thing? Are they playing a different game? Well obviously not, they get queued with the same scrubs you get queued with, have games with leavers, ragers, noobs etc. so whats the difference?

Motivation - these guys know what they want and they play till they get it. Oddone gave his story that he played over 2k ranked games before he started getting good and once he got to 1600 he started trying to play against "better players" to get better. Everytime i hear lol players talk is like them always saying is someone else fault and never willing to admit that they got outplayed, or lost due to bad decisions, or a poor understanding of the game principles. These players didnt have that hang up getting to the top, thats how they got better. This motivation also makes them more serious about the game versus a more casual player who may play ranked games just for the kicks. They analyze each game their mistakes, weaknesses etc. So if you aint that serious ranked aint for you. But dont trash talk the system. Yes matchmaking may be bad, but it aint bad 100%, and then there is the law of averages...if your good you'll average out...

So the real question is why do you play lol. Do you play just for fun and have no real motivation to get to the top, or are u serious and interested in getting better. When you decide then you'll know what to do from there.

My 2 cents.....
    Last edited by Stealth; Dec 3, 2011 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    I think the issue here is the motive behind the player. Ranked was created as a platform to grade and reward skilled players(the ladder model that every online game and its cousin has), hence the difference between normal and ranked draft mode or not. There is no real reward in normal skilled or not all it says is games won, doesnt even tell games lost... anyway. Having said that generally people who play ranked are "try harding"/"taking the game more seriously" etc due to the weight of a win or loss:
    1) It shows in your history; 2) It affects your "elo" ; 3) The more you lose the longer it takes to reach the top. etc etc. But you all know this.

My point is how can you trash talk a system that at any given time is pitting 1.5 million active users against each other of different skill levels etc. How did high elo players reach high elo repeatedly on smurfs, on their main accounts etc., why is it that youre not doing the same thing? Are they playing a different game? Well obviously not, they get queued with the same scrubs you get queued with, have games with leavers, ragers, noobs etc. so whats the difference?

Motivation - these guys know what they want and they play till they get it. Oddone gave his story that he played over 2k ranked games before he started getting good and once he got to 1600 he started trying to play against "better players" to get better. Everytime i hear lol players talk is like them always saying is someone else fault and never willing to admit that they got outplayed, or lost due to bad decisions, or a poor understanding of the game principles. These players didnt have that hang up getting to the top, thats how they got better. This motivation also makes them more serious about the game versus a more casual player who may play ranked games just for the kicks. They analyze each game their mistakes, weaknesses etc. So if you aint that serious ranked aint for you. But dont trash talk the system. Yes matchmaking may be bad, but it aint bad 100%, and then there is the law of averages...if your good you'll average out...

So the real question is why do you play lol. Do you play just for fun and have no real motivation to get to the top, or are u serious and interested in getting better. When you decide then you'll know what to do from there.

My 2 cents.....
    You sir are a Gentleman and a Scholar. At least 1 other player on these forums who hasnt drank the kool-aid.

My 2 cents.....
    Yep i totally agree. EVERY single game i play i ask myself, "what did i do wrong?" or "what could i have done better". Yes...the leavers/feeders are annoying as hell....but it feels good when at the end of the game the enemy team can say "sorry [insert my champ name here] you had a really bad team". I mean, you cant deny skill or an actual effort when you see it and you will know those who see your talent and still wana trash talk you bcz dats wat they do.

I see what hemplar is saying. I solo que my first 2 ranked games recently and i totally STOMPED everybody. I am definitely not the best player around, but i was a heck of a lot better than the scrubs i was playing against. my team was also not up to par as i think they were pretty bad, just that the enemy team was worse. I felt like i was smurfing the way how it did bad. I was unranked, but i clearly did not belong in those matches, but....what can i do? My bottom of the barrel elo paired me with them, so i just wrecked face and dat was dat.

So while my elo may not reflect where i should be, even tho i dont think im worthy of 1800+ at the moment, i know within myself that if i had a consistent group of people playing ranked with, i could attain it. Who knows....maybe one day my summoner profile will show 2k elo.
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD

My 2 cents.....
    its a team game. How they got better is a duo helping them out of their hole.

As far as I see, have a good game or bad game, you are still at the mercy of the team. Some higher elos see it as that too, but some people still hold to the old line.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Id love to put a team together as mi seh, would love to recruit dryhealz from your team and only him, rate how him play. I'm sure if i have omega, kazwin, los, healz and myself on a team we can win any game.

Would love to have some games going on later still.

Link me when uno ready, got to do this crap environmental project for school yah now.

Seems like i need to play my best yah man, cause everytime i am last pick and have to pick what the team needs then we lose cause they cant hold a lane etc.

Ima pick up back malz and start my quest again.. Kinda feel discouraged though that most of the games i have lost have been unfair. More than half my games have leaves, that alone just difficult to deal with.
    Last edited by zelink; Dec 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Discord Zelink#7178

@Stryko

Well, dryhealz isnt on my team still, so you can ask him. But, sure, create a ranked team with those guys and q up for ranked games. Then hopefully you will see the light.

Most good players play with a set of other ppl who are good players, i doubt you'll have a high elo player entering a solo que rank on a regular basis, all i was saying really is that, i'd rather avoid rank unless i have a team of players i know are serious about winning, probably if i was in high elo, id take a chance on duo q rank.
    Its sucks that i had a good start this rank season and cuz of nabs, my elo has been casted into hell, its like the bad players in rank are worse than the bad in normal. And they always have the big talk in champ select, but when its go time they suck big barlz, then go afk, this seems to be the playout scenario for the past 5 or so rank matches i've done, ending in a loss.

I wont give up on rank tho, cuz i see it as the place to be if u want to encounter really good players and in turn enhance your skills, but solo q looks really hard to do, any words of encouragement?
    Last edited by samurailos; Dec 3, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

Idk why people think one game mode is harder than the other, i'm not the best player my self, but i don't think i deserve to be @ the elo that i'm @. I mean i doubt any of you get the teams that i get, i get some absolute trash teams in rank. Rage quit for not getting mid, diving champs @ full hp under turrets and leavers.

Basically rank games are just 1,1,2 and a jungler. Solo lane top, ap mid, ad and support bot and jungler.

Normal games are 2,1,2, most times. Will hardly ever find a support in normal games or even a jungler.

I can play every champ and any role, most of the tards i get in solo que can only play one set of champs, my weakest champs are ranged ad, just suck with them hard but @ the same time i try my best not to feed.

Rank games too frustrating more while still..

Think some of these jr players need to read a few guides or watch high elo streams to see ward spots, jungle timers etc.. Nothing is wrong with learning from the best players in lol.
    Discord Zelink#7178

Quote Originally Posted by samurailos View Post
    TL;DR

......any words of encouragement?
    .......uninstall?
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD