Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Modem hacker' caught after advertising blitz

Quote Originally Posted by Utech22 View Post
    I never knew this was possible .
    Nuh bother get any ideas now (and if you do for god sakes don't advertise online!)
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Utech22 View Post
    I never knew this was possible .
    are you serious bro? this has been in JA for like 3yrs now, i thought most techs here new about it

Now this is news to me . Never knew my fax modem had more use nowadays than as a paperweight ...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Now I know why my Comcast bill is so expensive, because of idiots like him.

btw, Comcast has the ability to OTA (Over The Air) kill these modems, if your account isn't provisioned for the service the modem with receive a kill code and basically go off-line permanently..eventually, the person using it will have zero connectivity and they will receive a free visit from Comcast's Fraud Dept.

oh, and since Comcast is hard-wired it doesn't take long to locate the illegal users of these modems, comcast will (literally) come knocking on your front door.

Quote Originally Posted by mjj4363 View Post
    Now I know why my Comcast bill is so expensive, because of idiots like him.

btw, Comcast has the ability to OTA (Over The Air) kill these modems, if your account isn't provisioned for the service the modem with receive a kill code and basically go off-line permanently..eventually, the person using it will have zero connectivity and they will receive a free visit from Comcast's Fraud Dept.

oh, and since Comcast is hard-wired it doesn't take long to locate the illegal users of these modems, comcast will (literally) come knocking on your front door.
    you have obviously never seen these modems in action,(these things get you free internet and free cable) [1] no kill code can hurt the modem as the eeprom is locked(read access only, no write function) and [2] the switching system is modded also(they can't auto shut down from base [3] the modem can self clone as many MAC address if needed on a simple reset, i know peeps who have been using them for like 4-years now(comcast), the only lame thing about these is that you generally have to reset until you match with someone's mac address before you can get access.

and this guy isn't the only person modding them, many more peeps out there can do it, he's just damn stupid(or should i say greedy)

Quote Originally Posted by mega man View Post
    you have obviously never seen these modems in action,(these things get you free internet and free cable) [1] no kill code can hurt the modem as the eeprom is locked(read access only, no write function) and [2] the switching system is modded also(they can't auto shut down from base [3] the modem can self clone as many MAC address if needed on a simple reset, i know peeps who have been using them for like 4-years now(comcast), the only lame thing about these is that you generally have to reset until you match with someone's mac address before you can get access.

and this guy isn't the only person modding them, many more peeps out there can do it, he's just damn stupid(or should i say greedy)
    your peeps should be locked up as they are committing a Federal Offense.

Listen, Comcast can detect unauthorized data usage on a line and kill all service to that line within minutes...oh and yes, Comcast has known about this problem for a while now, and since cable theft and illegal modification of an FCC approved device is considered a Federal Offense under FCC regulations and Comcast will monitor a line for months if not years on end...that's when it will catch up with them

The switching system may be disabled, but Comcast has many other methods of killing lines/boxes that you don't even know about

it just amazes me as to how low people will go for free internet or even TV.
    Last edited by mjj4363; Feb 2, 2010 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjj4363 View Post
    your peeps should be locked up as they are committing a Federal Offense.

Listen, Comcast can detect unauthorized data usage on a line and kill all service to that line within minutes...oh and yes, Comcast has known about this problem for a while now, and since cable theft and illegal modification of an FCC approved device is considered a Federal Offense under FCC regulations and Comcast will monitor a line for months if not years on end...that's when it will catch up with them

The switching system may be disabled, but Comcast has many other methods of killing lines/boxes that you don't even know about

it just amazes me as to how low people will go for free internet or even TV.
    hah, these peeps aren't some simple dudes messing around, these are geeks, real techs who build and engineer things(just so you know there people out there who get paid to mod things)(hack) and yes comcast does know about these things but finding these invisible modems isn't as simple as you may think,that's why they have feds monitoring sales for such devices cause once they reach in the hands of users they go invisible and comcast becomes the victim and just so you know it's not just comcast that are victims to this sort of thing, all cable modems can be modded for other providers so just take a guest where it can be used

and don't you think these white guys know its a federal crime, but still yet they do it just the same, they have a batter economy than ours but still yet they go for free net and free tv(they save money while we spend), no wonder we owe so much money to the US, we too boast and hype, love show seh we can pay for every thing

(now i do not condone or encourage this sort of thing so if anyone finds them self doing these things and getting caught your on your own)

40 years of being molested by butt pirates is not worth selling hacked modems..he should have thought about that seriously before he sold them to the FBI!!!...who sells illegal products to the FBI..jah know..he wanted to go to jail