Thread: Why do anti-viruses not catch ALL viruses?

Question Why do anti-viruses not catch ALL viruses?

Sorry to bring up a next antivirus question... But i use to have avg internet security, and one of my friend carry down the new avast internet security for me but wen i scan the system and it found 5 virus avg didnt pick up and my avg was set to scan everyday...

So my question is why some antivirus software dont pick some of the viruses, while others can find them??
    BLACKBERRY 8520
    POWERED BY DIGICEL 2G

LIVE TODAY=> DIED TOMARROW, RICH TODAY=> BROKE TOMORROW THAT HOW LIFE GOES,LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST

none is perfect
    one may use different heuristics of finding infections

probably caz they have different engines and virus detection methods and some virues jus don't fit there criteria......
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

Ok I just find it odd
    BLACKBERRY 8520