Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One

Default Nexus One

I've been considering buying either one of these, or an iPhone 4G this summer to replace my Bold. Cost is not an issue. What do you guys think I should get?
    Blackberry Bold 9000 w/ OS 5.0.0.411 [Unlocked]
    Nokia E72 [Unlocked]

Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryJay View Post
    I've been considering buying either one of these, or an iPhone 4G this summer to replace my Bold. Cost is not an issue. What do you guys think I should get?
    if cost not an issue buy the more expensive one then u can sell it back if anything an buy the cheaper one
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA View Post
    if cost not an issue buy the more expensive one then u can sell it back if anything an buy the cheaper one
    For a second I thought that made no sense. But on second thought, that makes perfect sense.

But I'll only be in the USA for 2 weeks, so I have to make a decision .
    Nokia E72 [Unlocked]

Short answer: If you're willing to wait for an unreleased phone, then wait.
    If you want a new phone now, then buy it. It's a damned good phone. Waaay better than the current Iphone 3GS imo and on par, maybe just a little better than the Droid.

Long answer: If you can wait until summer, then wait imho. The Nexus One is a very powerful phone, but it's been experiencing a few issues....reading into it, I think it's stupidity and network issues mind you, and not the phone. I've used it for a few days and had 0 problems. But I wouldn't take the chance on buyers remorse unless I absolutely needed to have the phone right away or my income was that disposable. Since you say cost isn't an issue then perhaps your income is, and you should buy it just to have it. It is after all, a great phone. Think of the speed and accuracy of the Iphone (0 lagginess like the g1 and most other android devices when they have lots of apps) but the openness of being able to do the simple things like make your own mp3s vs. buying them from itunes, etc.

You of course also have to consider all the trade-offs...like for instance, the IPhone comes with built in storage, meaning you get to install a ton of apps as well as games (games take up a lot of space, especially good games), however this storage isn't expandable....so when you fill up on your 8 or 16 or 32, that's it for you.
    The Nexus One, like most other Android phones clock in at ~170+ MB of APP/GAMES/USER storage. This means that while you can install quite a few apps with that space, but no big graphical games are available. And you're done at around ~50 or so Apps because Google doesn't allow you to install and run apps from the SD card. Many people ignore that and use a program that allows this, however it's not 'safe' as the phone will become unreliable if the card is damaged and you try to run an app from it.
    This doesn't affect things like music, video, sound, pictures though, you can store those on the microSD, which the Nexus One supports. You're out of space at ~32GB, but as tech evolves, who knows if it will be able to support more down the road. A big IF.

Personally I don't like the Iphone....the one app at a time (no multitasking) deal and being locked in (unless you jailbreak, which can be a pain when a new IPhone OS update is released) is something that you really have to think about before sinking into that phone.

I'd tell you in no uncertain terms to get the N1 but by the time the next IPhone is on the shelf there's probably going to be a pretty powerful android phone as well, other than the nexus. By then maybe they'll start sticking more built in memory in the Android devices. It's really THE only downfall currently. And if they don't, then voila, brand new IPhone 4G for you.

I dont think running apps from the memory card will do any damage, if u get a class 6 card you shouldnt notice anything. Symbian phones does it quite easily, u can multitask with 12 different apps running from the memory card while downloading and you get no slow down.. I dont think it will affect it wit a few apps.

I would get the nexus, its very unlikely that the new iphone will ever be more powerful than the nexus is now. While i despise the os itself i would pick it over an iphone anyday.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    I dont think running apps from the memory card will do any damage, if u get a class 6 card you shouldnt notice anything. Symbian phones does it quite easily, u can multitask with 12 different apps running from the memory card while downloading and you get no slow down.. I dont think it will affect it wit a few apps.

I would get the nexus, its very unlikely that the new iphone will ever be more powerful than the nexus is now. While i despise the os itself i would pick it over an iphone anyday.
    Running apps from the memory won't damage the phone or phone software, but if the CARD is damaged in any way, it will make the phone unstable, especially if you install an app that has to do with themes or integration into contact management, etc. Basically, any apps that interface with the core software of the phone. Similar to say, Windows trying to access and startup drivers/programs that are on a damaged part of the drive. It won't kill your PC but it will wreak havoc on Windows itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoprimal View Post
    Running apps from the memory won't damage the phone or phone software, but if the CARD is damaged in any way, it will make the phone unstable, especially if you install an app that has to do with themes or integration into contact management, etc. Basically, any apps that interface with the core software of the phone. Similar to say, Windows trying to access and startup drivers/programs that are on a damaged part of the drive. It won't kill your PC but it will wreak havoc on Windows itself.
    Yep that would b a warnin though that u should get a new card.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Yeah .. I'm leaning more to the nexus, because it's customizable, so I can fix the shortcomings of the Nexus vs the iPhone ..
    Nokia E72 [Unlocked]

Ok, getting the nexus, thanks guys .
    Nokia E72 [Unlocked]