Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The new Apple i-Pad

First and foremost Apple is America's land yeah but that doesnt mean that Apple doesnt sell well in other countries. The primary reason why iphones didnt completely take over was Apple locking these phones to AT&T.

The Ipad will more than likely be a different matter especially if the price is right.

Nokia SMARTPHONE marketshare is plummeting in most markets. This is not Nokia's complete market share vs Apple's complete market share. Since Apple only produces a smartphone. Furthermore, Apple only has ONE phone in its portfolio, Nokia has several.

I any long argument with a know it all who really knows little. The Ipad has not commenced sales so no one can talk about its sales performance until it goes on sale.

Apple designed the Ipad to compete with netbooks and netbooks and ipads are not two different markets. Amount of netbooks? LOL You cannot compare the number of ipad sales to the TOTAL number of netbook sales by all manufacturers that makes no sense. The Ipad sales would have to be compared to individual netbook brand sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Yup the analysts are wrong, the electronic stores are wrong and you are right lol.
    LOL@ the Ipad doesnt compete with netbooks and im to read comments by people like you who are always wrong concerning apple's products.
    I dont know about analystS saying anything about 75 million iphones. However, its a fact Nokia basically has no market share in its North American market while Apple and the iphone keeps climbing from strength to strength.
    You can argue from now until 2012 the Ipad competes with netbooks and this is a fact and Apple designed the Ipad to compete with netbooks another fact.
    You have no argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    First and foremost Apple is America's land yeah but that doesnt mean that Apple doesnt sell well in other countries. The primary reason why iphones didnt completely take over was Apple locking these phones to AT&T.
    The Ipad will more than likely be a different matter especially if the price is right.
    Nokia SMARTPHONE marketshare is plummeting in most markets. This is not Nokia's complete market share vs Apple's complete market share. Since Apple only produces a smartphone. Furthermore, Apple only has ONE phone in its portfolio, Nokia has several.
    Noooope u got this all wrong my brother. Nokia's marketshare only fell considerably in america(from 22% in 2007 to 5 in 2009) and a tiny bit in europe. Nokia's smartphones have seen growth in all other markets in the last year. The iphone didnt take of for the very reason that it didnt, not because of any at&t thing. The iphone have been available in 100 different countries since the 3g version: O2 in europe and china mobile in asia to name a few. It is all over south and central america curtesy of american movil so it is available everywhere. I am only comparing nokia's smartphone marketshare, not their OVERALL phone sales. Nokia's marketshare was up in 2009 at 40% from 35% in 2008, 75 million devices were shipped, more than iphone, blackberry and android combined. And the 'iphone' is not ONE device, 3 different devices are sold at different price range across the world: the iphone 3g 16gb, iphone 3gs 16gb and iphone 3gs 32gb.. The iphone 3g 8gb is still being sold in some countries.
    I any long argument with a know it all who really knows little.
    Well all 'know it all' knows little compared to what is there to know

The Ipad has not commenced sales so no one can talk about its sales performance until it goes on sale.
    Apple designed the Ipad to compete with netbooks and netbooks and ipads are not two different markets. Amount of netbooks? LOL You cannot compare the number of ipad sales to the TOTAL number of netbook sales by all manufacturers that makes no sense. The Ipad sales would have to be compared to individual netbook brand sales.
    You are wrong again. The ipad is not called the dell netbook killer, nokia netbook killer, fugitsu netbook killer etc. It is called THE netbook killer, T-H-E meaning all netbooks, and if you pick the top netbook sellers they most likely will still sell better. I dont see it in the same arena as netbooks, it cant match it in the productivity so why?? What is it for? An expensive picture frame? No use that a netbook cant do.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Obviously Nokia's market share was up because their marketshare takes into account phones like the 1108. Nokia smartphone sales plummeted worldwide FACT.

The Iphone is one device. Nokia has redesigns for each new model despite variations in capacity like the N95 8gb and N95. Only a fool would say that Apple really produces a portfolio of mobile phones. Apple's formula is basically ONE mobile phone with slight variations its still one model, no major redesign has occurred. Its like having an Integra Type S and Integra Type R. However, what this debate has shown me is that I prefer interacting with the people on howardforums etc because the majority of people there have more sense.

The only way if you had a point if you said the original Iphone was one model, then the 3g another and then the 3gs. Certainly not in terms of HD size.

Apple has made tremendous gains with ONE phone in their portfolio. Nokia has a bevy of smartphone and is still losing ground. Nokia is twisting and turning with closing down some sections of Ovi, switching to Maemo, making symbian opensource, planning to put symbian on series 40 all because of increased pressure on their smartphone market share.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/15/n...-slips-anothe/

Nokia is loosing marketshare worldwide and I really think they are not releasing data as timely as they should and may even be manipulating data.

The Ipad cannot be a Netbook killer just as how the Iphone could not have been a cellphone killer nor the Ipod a mp3 player killer.

The Ipad competes with netbooks and will cause some netbook manufacturers to lose sales. Facts.

The fact is your little rants wishing ill on the Ipad wont stop its sales and wont stop Apple.

The Iphone was offered in other countries still mostly tied to carriers. If Apple had an approach like traditional manufacturers where you could just up and buy an unlocked phone they would have significantly more marketshare.

Also im not your brother, you have no argument, Apple has said which market they are targetting it is the NETBOOK MARKET so you cannot say the ipad isnt competing with the netbook market as this is the very intent of the device.

You cannot say the ipad will not dent netbook sales because it has not officially started to sell and by its pre-order sales it will be successful.

You also cannot front as if Nokia is not being affected by Apple and BB worldwide. Apple especially in North American and Apple and BB pretty much everywhere else.

You are clearly some sort of Nokia fan boy...good luck with that lol

Well besides you guys and your idle bickerings. Heres my 2 scents;
    - in a year they are going to release a new version that has a camera
    - there is no reason in hell that it does not have a SD card slot or usb ports.
    - why does apple keep selling thier products with storage tiers? especially when you can buy a SD card with 32 gigs of storage on it? this allone makes it a waste of carbon.
    - i hate itunes more and more every day.
    - its a big iphone and more than likely will be just as locked and retarded by design. wait for the ipad 3gs

Its exactly that Apple will add more and more netbook features all the while drumming up sales and profits to make it a full fledged Ipad competitor. Netbooks are just toys and an accessory really to complement a notebook or a desktop.

The Ipad is pretty much the same these are just devices to add up numbers and to get more sales with a twist. With the ipad its on book reading and basic computing. With the netbooks its basically just basic computing.

The blind man can see that netbooks are competitors. How could the Ipad make netbooks disappear? Ridiculous, the ipad is merely a competitor.

I cant take people who hurry come up into the thing and want to tell people how things stay. Is them same one take up things like unlocking read a few things and say there are unlockers and mash up people phones.

Now we can get back to the real discussion here: the new Apple i-Pad
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

i-Pad - Giant piece of crap.

Some extra stuff: http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune....-drop-sharply/

Venezuelan blogger-analyst who has been tracking order numbers submitted by volunteers at Investor Village'sAAPL Sanity board, orders on Saturday and Sunday slowed to an estimated 1,000 per hour.Tello, who is better known on the Web as Deagol (after a Hobbit in J.R.R. Tolkien'sThe Lord of the Rings), attributes roughly half of the estimated 120,000 first day sale to "pure overexcited fanboism".

[/quote]

The method of estimating this data leaves space for alot of errors since its mostly guesswork, good read though.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    i-Pad - Giant piece of crap.
    I agree wholeheartedly but the damn thing about it is that a whole lot of people gonna jump with it when it comes out and a lot of other people are gonna see people with it and want it because it looks pretty and not for what its really worth. Anyways let the crazy people jump for joy, i'll sit back and watch for the HP Slate if i want a tablet, and come everyone here knows that all tablets are competitors with netbooks, what was the big deal?
    Don't let Society Dictate how u live UR life

Its URS live it how u wanna!

Seriously.. iPad.. lolz... well abt the MT issue; neither the iPod nor the iPhone can natively multitask... and even if u run Backgrounder, ur apps r gonna crash when the device runs out of memory. Seriously, Apple is starting to suck a lil... has anyone seen the Windows Mobile Series 7 Phone... AWE-SOME!!! and this is coming frm a die hard Apple whore lol