Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Claro plans to release netbook package in JA

the price and cap is ridiculous but it's a step in the right direction.

Competition really is paying off now and when Digicel launches Wimax I am sure they will reduce the prices.
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Now i know why Jamaica has a low passing rate in CXC maths.

The $3000/month is for the Internet service boss. the $6000 is a deposit.

The only problem with the plan is the cap or what happens after you have hit the cap.
    we all know $3000 a month is for the service but what happen when you wont use it for a month or two? what happens when you go over the allocated bytes? in times like these I SAY its not feasible spending that much money on a netbook and internet service!!!
    Get your portrait or any type of painting done by a prominent Jamaican artist call for more information 4100055

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Be careful g2 you setting up yourself for someone to make the same comment about C.X.C. English towards you the article stated
    LOL, no that will not happen in this case since i already stated that I didn't agree with what happens after you hit the cap.
    THANK GOD

Is this true though?

Didnt LIME have a netbook/laptop package some time ago?

It had more to do with basic reading and understanding than maths lol. The penalty after the cap is different wen compared to regular users. Instead of a fallback to edge you have to pay 3$ per mb.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    wont use 2.9 gb in a month? On a pc? Lets talk sensible. We are talking about a pc here not a phone. we arent talking about mobile phone where people will limit data, much different is expected from a pc. we are talking about an average of 97 mb a day, people will use more than that in a few hours of heavy browsing.

About if the claro netbooks will be able to use digicel wimax, yes it will unless claro find someway to mess up the os to prevent this. if digicels offers a similiar contract thing wit 2 yrs then claro wont be able to compete. Digicel wont only be faster, but will also be able to hold alot more workload and be unlimited to name a few.
    I wasn't thinking from that standpoint in terms of Claro having to mess up the os. I was thinking that Claro's customers would more or less benefit from Digicel's wimax plan without having to sign up with Digicel any at all. Unless of course Digicel finds a way to block those who are not on their plan which I doubt they'll be able to do...

Besides, even if Digicel offers a 2 year plan how would that affect Claro's netbook internet plan? Claro won't be able to compete you say? LOL...

How come I who having started this thread now finds my opening post at # 11, and Taktition as the thread starter? Can someone explain that to me please? Is there some forum rule I am overlooking?
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 30, 2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyaf View Post
    How come I who having started this thread now finds my opening post at # 11, and Taktition as the thread starter? Can someone explain that to me please? Is there some forum rule I am overlooking?
    Well, umm, because he started the thread first?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    It had more to do with basic reading and understanding than maths lol. The penalty after the cap is different wen compared to regular users. Instead of a fallback to edge you have to pay 3$ per mb.
    A very big part of the math score when I did it, Comprehension (i think) was what they called it. thats why they had written questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Is this true though?

I think it was for DSL.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Well, umm, because he started the thread first?
    LOL, classic.
    THANK GOD

1. The customer also has the option of taking the unlimited plan for $3500 plus tax.

2. This is OBVIOUSLY not for people who interested in downloading movies.

3. I know a lot of Univesity students are gobbling up this offer right now and have said that the 3Gigs is more than enough for how they plan on using it.

The Digi groupies need to just deal with the fact that the chatty chatty CEO who announce his plans for something he "plans" to do something a year from now was silly to do so...When I saw the announcement on TV months ago I remember saying how silly he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Is this true though?

Correct...From they launched 3G they had a bundle offer..
    Something link sign a two year (not 3 like Claro) data contract and get a free Netbook..
    I dont need to know everything, I just need to know where to find the answer...Einstein

Omar O Thompson (CISA, CCSP, CCDA, CCNA, NCDS(CS1000), LPIC-1, Linux+)