Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Claro plans to release netbook package in JA

Default Claro first to market with netbooks

Is Claro smart or what? LOL...Does Claro want to kill 2 birds with one stone? Digicel is coming with Wimax, and they also promised to launch something similar re the netbooks, yet Claro is upsetting their plans for a netbook launch.

Think about it! Is it possible for Claro's customers to equip their netbook with the necessary software to utilize Digicel's Wimax? Or will Claro further develop their own 3g network to cater to the customers with their netbook plan?

Let the battle begin!

wont use 2.9 gb in a month? On a pc? Lets talk sensible. We are talking about a pc here not a phone. we arent talking about mobile phone where people will limit data, much different is expected from a pc. we are talking about an average of 97 mb a day, people will use more than that in a few hours of heavy browsing.

About if the claro netbooks will be able to use digicel wimax, yes it will unless claro find someway to mess up the os to prevent this. if digicels offers a similiar contract thing wit 2 yrs then claro wont be able to compete. Digicel wont only be faster, but will also be able to hold alot more workload and be unlimited to name a few.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Claro on the move.. Well done!

Kale... knowing Digi even with being able to handle a higher work load i think they may still place a limit on browsing from a netbook.
    I'm actually happy that claro offered the Netbook first it showed some inititive instead of always running behind Digi, think it will only work against them this time tho has it will make their package easier to beat, as Digi now have 4+months to create a better package and with being able to handle a far greater workload it should be a sweeter deal i kinda hope Claro drop the cost during the time tho so we can get a better deal in the end from Digi.
    I dont think i would use Claro service as i dont think it is up to "Par" yet... they may just need some additional time

well $6000 plus $3000 a month for 3 years= $114000, not feasible in my book.
    Get your portrait or any type of painting done by a prominent Jamaican artist call for more information 4100055

Quote Originally Posted by Taktician View Post
    Kale... knowing Digi even with being able to handle a higher work load i think they may still place a limit on browsing from a netbook.
    I'm actually happy that claro offered the Netbook first it showed some inititive instead of always running behind Digi, think it will only work against them this time tho has it will make their package easier to beat, as Digi now have 4+months to create a better package and with being able to handle a far greater workload it should be a sweeter deal i kinda hope Claro drop the cost during the time tho so we can get a better deal in the end from Digi.
    I dont think i would use Claro service as i dont think it is up to "Par" yet... they may just need some additional time
    Na remember cayman already have wimax from digicel and it is unlimited there for a rather low price. It would seem a way for them to offer unlimitted service on other pc and not netbook. It would be stupid really because it would be the same modem and setup lol.

And you are right about them releasing it too early. Digicel didnt disclose their netbook package price because they said they wanted to keep it a secret for competitive issues, they did however say it will be very affordable.
    Last edited by kalel17; Dec 29, 2009 at 11:35 AM.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by weedfly View Post
    well $6000 plus $3000 a month for 3 years= $114000, not feasible in my book.
    Now i know why Jamaica has a low passing rate in CXC maths.

The $3000/month is for the Internet service boss. the $6000 is a deposit.

The only problem with the plan is the cap or what happens after you have hit the cap.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Now i know why Jamaica has a low passing rate in CXC maths.

The $3000/month is for the Internet service boss. the $6000 is a deposit.

The only problem with the plan is the cap or what happens after you have hit the cap.
    Be careful g2 you setting up yourself for someone to make the same comment about C.X.C. English towards you the article stated

Should the user exceed the allocation, he/she will be billed $3 for each megabyte downloaded.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

hopefully it wont cost too much i know they have ben offering it to their corporate customers in a beta version for about 3 years now under the quiet for testing. Claro limit of 3 gb and then paying $3 per megabyte is crazy come on now....thats $14100 to download a dvd movie (4.7)....digicel jus have to put the infrastructure on the ground.....they dont have to run any cabling or anything after initial setup....im praying them wise up n make it very affordable...
    Knowledge is just wasted time if not put to action
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Network +, A+, CCNA, CCDA, CXFS, Avaya (ACIS), MCP ...next stop CCNP,MCSE, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, VCP

Well if u check claro details its 3500 per month for unlimited and after 3gb usage u go from 3G to edge speed. Now some complain and say its a 114000 after the 3yrs but purchase a netbook and then take out unlimited access from a company for 3 yrs and add inflation to that and then speak to funds. I understand contract is long and the netbook specs meager in a way still. But if u check it out its not that bad a deal. Guess its the same as anything these companies offer, that is to say to each is own. So we all won't like but it will have its takers still.
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis