Thread: Windows Mobile/Android on China Mobile Phone.

Default Windows Mobile/Android on China Mobile Phone.

Is there any way to install Windows Mobile or Android on a China Mobile phone?
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Post Windows Mobile/Android on China Mobile Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    i would think not. unless the phone has the software already which would only give you the option to upgrade.

i may be wrong if the you take the situation to installing mac on a windows machine, however i doubt the phone would have the complexity to do the same....so i guess the answer would be no.

Thats sucks, the reason i ask is i see a ChinaMo phones online with WinMo 6+ and Android 1.5 installed, so i was just wondering..........

did you not think to yourself in all your wisdom that they may be an installed requirement from the manufacturer since they would be a knockoff made to look and feel like the original.

Quote Originally Posted by lojikal View Post
    did you not think to yourself in all your wisdom that they may be an installed requirement from the manufacturer since they would be a knockoff made to look and feel like the original.
    did YOU not think that the hardware made for apple comes from CHINA AND SINGAPORE and all that Apple/HTC/(all cellphone manufactures do) is simply load the OS on the device and put their name on it? I have SEEN android 1.6 running on an IPHONE and an HTC EVO4. A little business lesson for you sir think how RETARDED it would be for every cell phone to be made using a different control system(factory)

I think it can be done, but not by just anyone a programmer maybe you know those peps who writes programs so you can run linux on you phone. Remember china phones are very unique plus you can't google a particular model for help ether.

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    very ambitious thought lol... but i doubt that is possible

the phone must be compatible with a high end os like winmo by having a good hardware but most of these china phones are not expected to carry out complicated tasks and it depends on the processor type but i highly doubt it
    Beneath my tough exterior is an even tougher one.

but there are china phones out there running winmo
    Beneath my tough exterior is an even tougher one.

As long as the phone has the hardware requirements then the OS can be ported to the device.

iOS4 requires minimum 256MB ram, 500MHz CPU and Touch capabilities, so if the Chinese phone's hardware is up to par then a skilled programmer can port the OS.
    Last edited by sk@tta; Aug 16, 2010 at 03:14 PM.