Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Studying for my CCIE (Routing & Switching)

shane200_ Guest

Question Studying for my CCIE (Routing & Switching)

I am now living in NY and working as a Sr. Network Engineer, I really miss Jamaica, I am studying for my CCIE (R&S) and was thinking if I should come back to Jamaica when I am done? Any views on this move??

What is a CCIE. You should come and contribute to the country if thats where your heart lies, regardless of what is taking place
    Be not overcomed of evil, but overcome evil with good.

stay......come only if you have a confirmed job (stable I might add).

stay..u will not get a job that will be able to pay you for what you're worth...especially when you finish that cisco cert
    Last edited by don_corleone; Dec 25, 2009 at 06:48 PM.

very few companies have people with ccie on staff because they cant afford to pay them. you could do some consultancy work if u decide to come back.
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

CCIE - Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert.... its seen as the doctorate of networking
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X View Post
    very few companies have people with ccie on staff because they cant afford to pay them. you could do some consultancy work if u decide to come back.
    Who said you have to tied down to any one company? Most CCIEs are consultants.

Quote Originally Posted by shane200_ View Post
    I am now living in NY and working as a Sr. Network Engineer, I really miss Jamaica, I am studying for my CCIE (R&S) and was thinking if I should come back to Jamaica when I am done? Any views on this move??
    I don't think you will be getting what you're worth if you return, unless you are working at one of the telecom companies or become a consultant.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

I want to get my ccie too just got to get those other cc's first

shane200_ Guest

thanks guys for your views, when I am done I will come back to Jamaica and try to see what I can do...

shane....i know you miss home..but dont rush it ...plan..thing is these gusy are right..at that level consultancy is the bestbet.....digicel already has a ccie....so does lime...fujitsu mayb not..there are companies...but be prepared not to make what u can earn there...but bottom line think ....there is gonna be a surge in the next 2 - 5 years in it here ...so if you are determined there is opportunity but....think hard n long boss ...
    Knowledge is just wasted time if not put to action
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Network +, A+, CCNA, CCDA, CXFS, Avaya (ACIS), MCP ...next stop CCNP,MCSE, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, VCP