Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Studying for my CCIE (Routing & Switching)

Im studying CCIE & Comptia A+(downloading books and reading ).. And doing computer science at school hoping to pick up on that an university.. But when i look at it I don't know where I'd get hired..

@ thread starter it seems here in jamaica we are getting more advanced Soon to have 4G.. We have 3G and we're climbing slowly but steadily in the tech world. Maybe by the time you're done studying you'll see a few job opportunities here.
    Last edited by RickyRudy; Jan 1, 2010 at 01:18 AM.

shane you should be a ccnp right now,mind telling us whats your salary is like and how many months/years of experience u have?

shane200_ Guest

lol lol!!! from a salary I am making within the range of a Network Admin in NY, I have about 6 years now... only have my ccnp for 1 year now....

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRudy View Post
    Im studying CCIE & Comptia A+(downloading books and reading ).

what a strange combination... (ccie and a+) its like saying i'm preparing to write my thesis for my doctorate and at the same time learning the alphabet. i don't get this combination at all! care to explain?
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    what a strange combination... (ccie and a+) its like saying i'm preparing to write my thesis for my doctorate and at the same time learning the alphabet. i don't get this combination at all! care to explain?
    Nice analogy and perfectly true....A+ is entry level and CCIE is mastery ... one of the most intense certs out there
    CCNA looking for an opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    It might sounds silly, but it's a good combo in the sense that A+ will help him to provide support for the systems that he's offering routing and switching services. Most people who have CCIE are likely to have extensive knowledge of system repairs\administration... I think his case just came across as wierd because he's skipping all the courses that would fall in between.

I'm sure he'll get mad props if he sits and is successful on both CCIE exams. In all honestly, I highly doubt he will pass on first attempt without years of 'hands-on' experience.
    Last edited by Ropy; Jan 27, 2010 at 08:38 AM.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

A+ and CCIE are two (2) separate disciplines. It's not like comparing doctorate to alphabet as duster puts it.
    One is Computer Hardware related and the other is Networking related.
    One is vendor neutral, one is vendor specific.

Nothing is wrong is pursuing both.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE View Post
    A+ and CCIE are two (2) separate disciplines. It's not like comparing doctorate to alphabet as duster puts it.
    One is Computer Hardware related and the other is Networking related.
    One is vendor neutral, one is vendor specific.

Nothing is wrong is pursuing both.

ZRO i never said it was "wrong". I just found it strange thats why i asked him to explain. as most people who would be going for CCIE would already have done a+,net+, .....mcse, ccna, ccnp. so yes i will stick by my analogy "attending basic school while trying to apply to Harvard!"
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

shane200_ Guest

Duster have a point still, when I saw that post I was WOW!!!!!!!!! why would someone be studying for his/her CCIE and then want to also study for his A+ and doing his B.Sc. I know that studying for CCIE take up a lot of ones time......
    Last edited by shane200_; Jan 28, 2010 at 09:45 AM.

guys be nice.....lol...seriously though....if your studying for ccie....that means your ccna certified....there are several telecom companies...one in particular which everyone knows that CANNOT find enough ccnp certified individuals....ud be one of few there are between 3 to 5 CCIE certified people in the island currently.....anyone can pass A+...anyone...i attended no classes...got around 970 n 980 if i remember for (it essentials n it tech)...dont waste your time...if ur at the ccnp level..if u doing ccie...look into mcse...fibre...linux...wimax certs...but it seems very fishy.....false..because they are worlds apart in significance....when those two statements are mentioned together...lol...good luck
    Knowledge is just wasted time if not put to action
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Network +, A+, CCNA, CCDA, CXFS, Avaya (ACIS), MCP ...next stop CCNP,MCSE, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, VCP