Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mass Effect 2

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Its got to be lame to have to switch discs.
    Seriously, how lazy do you have to be to complain about doing a 5 second task such as switching discs..?

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X View Post
    the game is excellent, 10 times better than the original.
    First had more in it. This one is streamlined to hell for the noobs. The first one had a story, this one you are building a team for 1 mission at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vtull View Post
    Seriously, how lazy do you have to be to complain about doing a 5 second task such as switching discs..?
    Cept I'm not talking about the action but the concept and what the devs have to do to make it work. Imagine you had to use cassettes instead of CDs. Pop in part 1 and finish that, eject, turn it over and put it back in. Lame...
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Were you still complaining back in the ps1 days when final fantasy 7,8 and 9 each had more than two discs? That's just the way things are, if something like this really bothers you, then don't bother with the 360 version. It's pretty obvious that the ps3 has better hardware, but why come into a thread about mass effect for the 360 and bash it?
    Last edited by Vtull; Feb 2, 2010 at 05:20 PM.

lol... Well I should have known someone would try to turn it into a system war. Anyway, I was just thinking about it and thats what came to my mind. "Its backwards". I never compared it to ps3 in my post so why bother mentioning it? not like there is a ME2 on the ps3 yet.

Its not that it bothers me... sheesh. Also I never used a game that required multiple discs before, at least not in the form it was originally in.

PG-13
    Last edited by semitop; Feb 27, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

this game has gotten great reviews any1 here owns it?

Its okay you'll get use to Semi he complains about almost everything. I played my share of console RPGs so I remember the multiple discs of FF Series and games like Legend Of Dragoon so disc switching doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
    I own the first one wasn't impressed not that it was bad but the hype behind it I expected a lot more from it, I played this on a bredrin Steam Account and I enjoyed it and I think its even more enjoyable if you know the story from the first one and the ability to import you ME profile into ME2 is a plus.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Its sorta like starting to get busy wid u girl and then u have to break to put on a condom before u can continue... an unwanted break in the flow of events.

Seriously, call me lazy, but I dont even like having to get up to change discs from FIFA to Modern Warfare 2, much less having to change discs for the very same game. I've always wanted a multi-disc PS3 and I even voice that interest on the PS3 boards only to be met by ppl that think walking up to the tv to change the channel is still fun and good exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    not like there is a ME2 on the ps3 yet.
    well I am hearing this will now be coming to PS3 in January, but people complaining that you need to port a lot of stuff from the first mass effect to enjoy it. How much truth is there to that?
    Last edited by chig; Aug 20, 2010 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
    Sorry Majestic didn't see this post I don't even know how it just popped in where it is, I don't own it but I know someone who does I played and finished it well at least the storyline aspect of it.

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    Its sorta like starting to get busy wid u girl and then u have to break to put on a condom before u can continue... an unwanted break in the flow of events.

Seriously, call me lazy, but I dont even like having to get up to change discs from FIFA to Modern Warfare 2, much less having to change discs for the very same game. I've always wanted a multi-disc PS3 and I even voice that interest on the PS3 boards only to be met by ppl that think walking up to the tv to change the channel is still fun and good exercise.

well I am hearing this will now be coming to PS3 in January, but people complaining that you need to port a lot of stuff from the first mass effect to enjoy it. How much truth is there to that?
    Uuumm
    call me lazy, but I dont even like having to get up to change discs from FIFA to Modern Warfare 2,
    yup you are lazy unless you have a massive living room that has a 40" or greater LCD or Plasma mounted on the other side of the living room and you play from great distance via wireless controls.

Re: ME2 that is correct well at least if you are really RPG driven almost all if not all major decisions that you choose in ME affects ME2 in one way are another it changes various aspect of the storyline and contributes to your allies and enemies when you start ME2 I think it also constitutes how effective your classes are since levels that you brought your classes up to in ME are passed on to ME2 also for those people who went all out in ME most if not all your resources are transferred so you are kinda able to splurge on expensive equipment.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Uuumm yup you are lazy unless you have a massive living room that has a 40" or greater LCD or Plasma mounted on the other side of the living room and you play from great distance via wireless controls.
    yup thats me I play my PS3 on a 50" LCD roughly about 15ft on the other side of the living room, its not massive in size but lets just say its over-furnished, so there are a couple 'obstacles' in my way which i usually end up just throwing the game cases on top of. And of course, you know the PS3 controllers are bluetooth which I have a firm belief can be used from up to 50 ft away cause it has a much great range than my wireless N router.
    If I were to get rich and have my own room dedicated to gaming and home entertainment I wouldnt mind it if the PS3 could stay beside me and I dont have to move that far to switch discs

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Re: ME2 that is correct well at least if you are really RPG driven almost all if not all major decisions that you choose in ME affects ME2 in one way are another it changes various aspect of the storyline and contributes to your allies and enemies when you start ME2 I think it also constitutes how effective your classes are since levels that you brought your classes up to in ME are passed on to ME2 also for those people who went all out in ME most if not all your resources are transferred so you are kinda able to splurge on expensive equipment.
    well we'll see how EA handles this...

dah gama yah mad!!! i gotto get it now!!!
    0N7Y GOD C@N JUDG3 M3!!!