Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new v400 firmware for the E71

i have a BB 8320, and i am thinking of getting a E71. Should i make the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Dos View Post
    i have a BB 8320, and i am thinking of getting a E71. Should i make the switch?
    if you havent made up your mind, go to a store that sells them....feel it in your hand...you wont need any more convincing.
    Last edited by duberryd; Jan 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    i have added the perma-hack to my s60 modding thread. G2cris does nokia messaging now work? does the occational crash while trying to cancel a call get fixed?

Any new apps etc?

First of all Nokia messaging used to work perfectly, both the native app and the new set from beta labs, unfortunately I am still setting up most of my more easy to deal with apps and other basic functions that i cant live without like SIP VOIP which is now a natively run gizmo plugin to the contacts app. Had problems there so i did it the old way by manually inputting the settings in the SIP settings. Now it doesn't ring when I call my Google voice # but only when i call my IPKall # (could be a Google voice issue)

I noticed that i have remnants of old apps on my memory card and they are not all compatible with the new FW so I am also trying to get rid of them because every time the phone starts up I get an installer taking over my homescreen then telling me that there was a problem installing.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    First of all Nokia messaging used to work perfectly, both the native app and the new set from beta labs, unfortunately I am still setting up most of my more easy to deal with apps and other basic functions that i cant live without like SIP VOIP which is now a natively run gizmo plugin to the contacts app. Had problems there so i did it the old way by manually inputting the settings in the SIP settings. Now it doesn't ring when I call my Google voice # but only when i call my IPKall # (could be a Google voice issue)

I noticed that i have remnants of old apps on my memory card and they are not all compatible with the new FW so I am also trying to get rid of them because every time the phone starts up I get an installer taking over my homescreen then telling me that there was a problem installing.
    Nokia email never worked for me the installer just set up a email account in the default crappy message app. The apps are compatible with the new fw but they wont install if the arent signed, even after your phone is hacked. Delete your sys folder on memory card or you can use xplore and search e/ for .sis, look through the list you get and delete all the .sis files with stuff like 2n5ht3.sis, files like those.
    Last edited by kalel17; Dec 29, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Nokia email never worked for me the installer just set up a email account in the default crappy message app. The apps are compatible with the new fw but they wont install if the arent signed, even after your phone is hacked. Delete your sys folder on memory card or you can use xplore and search e/ for .sis, look through the list you get and delete all the .sis files with stuff like 2n5ht3.sis, files like those.
    Ok I see, well i got them to work with even my outlook work email through OWA on the exchange server.

I just checked and those folders and they are void of .sys file of that nature as far as i can see. I would prefer a file browser with better search capabilities.

Any suggestions?
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by duberryd View Post
    if you havent made up your mind, go to a store that sells them....feel it in your hand...you wont need any more convincing.
    Point taken. I will do that, thanks

Ok I see, well i got them to work with even my outlook work email through OWA on the exchange server.

I just checked and those folders and they are void of .sys file of that nature as far as i can see. I would prefer a file browser with better search capabilities.

Any suggestions?
    Use rompatcher and open4all patch to disable caps. When making a search with xplore make sure u have a * infront of the search item e.g. *.sis or it wont work, now try again
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

will try the rompatcher later when i wake up, LOL. i did use wildcards.

Tell me something, when you guys hack your E series' are you able to unlock the thing by yourself or is it still locked to the network?
    THANK GOD

will try the rompatcher later when i wake up, LOL. i did use wildcards.

Tell me something, when you guys hack your E series' are you able to unlock the thing by yourself or is it still locked to the network?
    Its still locked the gsm radio baseband is separate from the main fw. up till now i havent come across anyway to unlock with usb cable which was possible with older bb5 units. You will have to pay to get it unlocked with an fbus cable, i payed 2grand

Its still locked the gsm radio baseband is separate from the main fw. up till now i havent come across anyway to unlock with usb cable which was possible with older bb5 units. You will have to pay to get it unlocked with an fbus cable, i payed 2grand
    Where? this chick at pavilion try to charge me 2500 but apparently didn't renew her online subscription for her flashing hardware.
    THANK GOD