Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: new v400 firmware for the E71

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    no no no dont try changing product code with e71 it might mess up your keyboard. I dont recommending changing product code with qwerty phones because of the different keypad layouts across region.

I will try and get as much info as possible if this might mess up your keyboard beyond useability, wait till then.
    Oooohhhhhhhh, I see, thanks for the warning.

Whew, that was close.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Oooohhhhhhhh, I see, thanks for the warning.

Whew, that was close.
    Lol no prob bro when v300 came out many ppl changed product code from e71-2 (nam) to e71-1 and it messed up their keyboard. pressing 'g' for example gives a full stop lol.

Still no info yet but i expect e71-2 to come out in a week or 2
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

well i changed the codejust too use the updater to check for updates and it return nothing, saying i have the latest firmware which is v100.xxx.xxxx.

I changed it back right away.

guess its for other E71s and not the E71-2
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    well i changed the codejust too use the updater to check for updates and it return nothing, saying i have the latest firmware which is v100.xxx.xxxx.

I changed it back right away.

guess its for other E71s and not the E71-2
    Why didnt you upgrade to v300? V100 crash atleast 3 times daily till i updated. I used pheonix which i find more secure than software updater that killed my n73 once.

You cant upgrade using software updater because v300 nam is broken and it will kill ur phone. U have to use navifirm to download the 6 different parts of the nam fw, one part will fail jus ignore it and continue. once u r finish download the part that failed from the e71-1 fw using navifrim then put them in the right folder and flash with phoenix.

I will put up a complete guide when i have time. Flashing takes 5 minutes and all you need is a usb cable
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Why didnt you upgrade to v300? V100 crash atleast 3 times daily till i updated. I used pheonix which i find more secure than software updater that killed my n73 once.

You cant upgrade using software updater because v300 nam is broken and it will kill ur phone. U have to use navifirm to download the 6 different parts of the nam fw, one part will fail jus ignore it and continue. once u r finish download the part that failed from the e71-1 fw using navifrim then put them in the right folder and flash with phoenix.

I will put up a complete guide when i have time. Flashing takes 5 minutes and all you need is a usb cable
    cool, looking forward to the guide.
    THANK GOD

Actually you can change the product code to update. you just have to make sure the keyboard layout matches the keyboard that you have. Eg. I bought a Claro branded E71-2 with the Latin American keyboard. Product code 0572512 used NSS to change the product code to Latin America grey steel and then updated the software. Also it is not as simple as using NSU as their might be a language issue. Here are the links I used.

Plus what he said

Here is the list of product codes

Instructions here Last time I checked this link was down but hopefully it should be back up soon.

Changing the firmware allowed me to get rid of the annoying Claro branding which was a win win for me.

I also changed product code and updated without issue same claro e71 will post code I used later.

Any of u hacking this new firmware yet ? Need mine rehacked asap. Pm me if u can deal with it.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

great to c people actually did it without issue, however i dont flash with nsu as i said, i use phoenix.

Why not do the perma-hack? Am gonna again put this up in my symbian s60 thread, if you hav a y drive you can do the perma hack which will permanently hack your phone, will get to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard View Post
    Actually you can change the product code to update. you just have to make sure the keyboard layout matches the keyboard that you have. Eg. I bought a Claro branded E71-2 with the Latin American keyboard. Product code 0572512 used NSS to change the product code to Latin America grey steel and then updated the software. Also it is not as simple as using NSU as their might be a language issue. Here are the links I used.

Plus what he said

Here is the list of product codes

Instructions here Last time I checked this link was down but hopefully it should be back up soon.

Changing the firmware allowed me to get rid of the annoying Claro branding which was a win win for me.
    Thanks bro, worked like a charm. getting back to normal now. setting up VOIP and stuff.
    THANK GOD

i have added the perma-hack to my s60 modding thread. G2cris does nokia messaging now work? does the occational crash while trying to cancel a call get fixed?

Any new apps etc?