Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry Tour 9630 BB Data Plan Help

Default Blackberry Tour 9630 BB Data Plan Help

I have a Tour 9630 which i was able to use with the Digicel Prepaid Blackberry Data just fine running ver 4.7.1.40. However upon upgrading to ver 4.7.1.57 i cannot get the data plan working. I've contacted Digicel BB support, who in turn sent a request to a technician for help. I was told the ver 4.7.1.40 is a stable version and chances are this is the problem. Has anyone encountered this issue with a Tour or Storm? Anyone has any ideas, other than downgrading to ver 4.7.1.40? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Btw the issue is when dailing *136# the response text message says: "You have already started registration of Digicel's Prepaid Blackberry Service" and when dialing *136*10# the response text is the same as above. It's like the system is stuck. The credit has not been used in any instance.
    Last edited by vborn; Dec 17, 2009 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vborn View Post
    I have a Tour 9630 which i was able to use with the Digicel Prepaid Blackberry Data just fine running ver 4.7.1.40. However upon upgrading to ver 4.7.1.57 i cannot get the data plan working. I've contacted Digicel BB support, who in turn sent a request to a technician for help. I was told the ver 4.7.1.40 is a stable version and chances are this is the problem. Has anyone encountered this issue with a Tour or Storm? Anyone has any ideas, other than downgrading to ver 4.7.1.40? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Btw the issue is when dailing *136# the response text message says: "You have already started registration of Digicel's Prepaid Blackberry Service" and when dialing *136*10# the response text is the same as above. It's like the system is stuck. The credit has not been used in any instance.
    Dude the reality is that many of the new Builds are not stable and hence the issue that you're having. My suggestion is to downgrade back to the build that was working and just be patient until RIM releases an official version that works on Digicel's network
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

vborn let me know if downgrading worked cause i'm having the same problem with my tour

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    vborn let me know if downgrading worked cause i'm having the same problem with my tour
    Did you downgrade? If so what issues are you still having
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

I'm going to downgrade and let u know, the thing is i don't want to waste my money like i did last month, 1 day after renewing 1 month subscription i upgraded it was working a little then it stopped and digicel bb tech support told me the tour is not compatible with their network. it jus seems to me the only thing they know to tell people is to do a battery pull.
    Last edited by butterfly; Feb 7, 2010 at 11:09 PM.

I'm going to downgrade and let me know, the thing is i don't want to waste my money like i did last month, 1 day after renewing 1 month subscription i upgraded it was working a little then it stopped and digicel bb tech support told me the tour is not compatible with their network. it jus seems to me the only thing they know to tell people is to do a battery pull.
    I agree but from experience that phone is better suited to work on Claro's network.....Maybe you should do a switch
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

i was thinking about switching. i think i might do jus that. thanks

i was thinking about switching. i think i might do jus that. thanks
    I think so. Remember to ask Digicel to release your PIN and also to do a full trial run on Claro's network to ensure a smooth transition from one network to the other
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Barrettrs, thank u so much, I went and did a downgrade and it's perfect once again, btw I'm still using digicel ( for now ) lol, Thanks again

yeah alot of blackberry's with the 5.0 software have been acting funny on the T-Mobile network in the US so maybe it could be a similar problem with out here. having the most stable OS is the best idea imo