Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo : Reach

Default Halo : Reach

Halo Reach Opening Trailer

The trailer confirms what Halo: Reach's title hinted at: The game will depict some of the same events that took place in the novel Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund. The book portrays both the siege of the titular fortress planet by the Covenant and the origins of the Spartan program, which developed dozens of super-soldiers like Halo series hero Master Chief.

While the siege of Reach was briefly shown in the E3 teaser trailer, it is confirmed in the new video spot by a radio message saying "Winter Contingency has been declared." The same line appears in Fall of Reach when the Covenant began a full assault on the planet, smashing its defenses and landing thousands of dropships on its surface.

The new Halo Reach trailer also shows multiple Spartan soldiers. According to Microsoft, the six-Spartan group is Noble Squad, the military unit which will be the focus of Halo: Reach. The game will chronicle their battles with the Covenant as they try and protect Reach's human inhabitants from their relentless onslaught.

Speaking with GameSpot, a source who has seen Halo: Reach first-hand describes it as "Gears of War with Spartans" and "very bleak and violent." The trailer hints that the game will be grimmer in tone than previous games, with all members of Nobel squad bearing facial scars and one sporting an artificial arm. Another bears a Gears-like skull on the front of his helmet and wields a kukri-like curved machete, hinting at bloody bladed melee combat.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6242904.html

i have read the book and i'm excited for the game.
    Last edited by maf3000; Dec 14, 2009 at 11:25 AM. Reason: update Trailer
    404 error: Signature Not Found

I saw it on Spuke last night and was wondering, is it a FPS or RTS like Halo wars?
    And another thing, is when M$ ago stop bleeding the Halo series!!!
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

never, not till the world ends or the average IQ of the 360 owner goes over 50 and its a FPS
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    never, not till the world ends or the average IQ of the 360 owner goes over 50 and its a FPS
    LOL, thought as much...
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

Its a Squad-based FPS, all game company milk there franchises it is not just Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by maf3000 View Post
    Its a Squad-based FPS, all game company milk there franchises it is not just Microsoft.
    difference with halo is that its the very same thing every installment

I never liked Halo 1 or 2, but i enjoyed Halo 3, Halo Wars. I am still undecided about ODST, I thought that was way too short and had no replay value.

I am "excited" about Halo Reach, I just hope it is not a disappointing as ODST

And maf3000 is right, every single company milk the titles for all its worth, look at the Final Fantasy and resident evil series??? Its not fair to just point the finger at M$ in this case

Master Chief already finish the fight in Halo 3 and is/was Cryo-frozen n floating around in space so dem can make di series rest now. Then again those Xbox & Halo fanboys will buy anything wid the name "halo" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    difference with halo is that its the very same thing every installment
    Halo 1-3 was a trilogy just like The Matrix, Star Wars and Lord of The Rings. They had to keep the story and game play consistent over the three games. Halo Wars and Halo Reach are not a part of the trilogy so they can have new game play, new characters and a new story line.

U generally don't see things like that though. Its usually just a sequel, not a full priced expansion pack + paid for maps + a completely new genre version of the game + anime + maybe a movie + a book + they are building some halo xbox app
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo