Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple sues nokia for using usb and gui on s40, s60 and maemo!!

Default Apple sues nokia for using usb and gui on s40, s60 and maemo!!

I hav never seen so much crap in my life so just read here http://www.pcworld.com/article/18447...whos_next.html

the wormy half eaten lot is sueing nokia for using a gui and usb in there phones. They claimed that nokia ripped off the iphone ui lol. They mentioned the e71, 5310 and n900. Am lookin at my e71 nw and its ui looks exactly the same as my n80... A phone that was released 2yrs bfore the iphone!!

Their junk is that nokia is askin for large sums from them for liscence which i doubt because; 1. Ths most likely occur when the iphone wasnt popular, so why would nokia charge more than they would with more popular devices?

2. So if they are chargin too much as they say, instead of negotiating the price dem seh cho! We a bad man, mi nuh fraid a nuh body! And just run off and tief d patent.

My apple days are done, done with them. I hav never seen a more pathetic set of frauds. Did they invent usb? No. did they invent the gui? No. Did they invent IDEs? No. Did they invent multitouch? No.

Did they invent computers? No, wheel? No, fire? No.

They are just a set of ripoffs who knws only to use other ppls invention/innovation and let it seem hype and hip.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

jomo Guest

after all that, the iphone is still better than any nokia... lol...

Yung_Jah Guest

They are at it again....Nokia sue them for patent....whatever that is...now Apple sueing them back...basically....the money given...will balance out...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    They are at it again....Nokia sue them for patent....whatever that is...now Apple sueing them back...basically....the money given...will balance out...lol...
    Classic EU vs USA, Apple already have a bad rep from when I was a boy in terms of lawsuits.

Just being in court gets them off. Even when they loose. If apple makes a good phone (not OS) I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Nokia mi say.

Iphone popularity worldwide is a different thing from iphone popularity in the US. Same with BB, just that we are situated under the US azz so we gobble up all the shyt their consumers go for.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    I hav never seen so much crap in my life so just read here http://www.pcworld.com/article/18447...whos_next.html

Did they invent computers? No, wheel? No, fire? No.

They are just a set of ripoffs who knws only to use other ppls invention/innovation and let it seem hype and hip.
    Exactly why i dumped my iphones last year. Still love my macbook tho.

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    If apple makes a good phone (not OS) I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Nokia mi say.

Iphone popularity worldwide is a different thing from iphone popularity in the US. Same with BB, just that we are situated under the US azz so we gobble up all the shyt their consumers go for.
    Cant see the part where they say Apple was suing for a specific model of nokia....

What you said about OS?!!!!!! Dnt go down that road.... i beggeth of theee.....

We gobble up crap given such as iPhones and BBs
    and european gobble up the SLOUCHY SLOW MACHINES made my Nokia...
    and Sony (Which is fairly good)

Nokia to me is like a rip off smart fone... its only claims its smart....
    and symbian in Nokias suck!
    I have ALOT of experience and they ALL get slouchy after u install about 10 apps or so.....

Nokia + Symbian = CRAP.....
    Sony + Symbian = OK....

I have 55 apps installed on my e71 and its just as fast as ever, the last time i formatted was 2 months ago. No crash no freezes.

This thing is running on a cpu that is less than half the performance of the iphone 3g omap2 cpu.

Response on the phone is lightening fast and immediate. The iphone's ui is only pretty, nothing smart about it. Its basically a phone for apps lol. I can multitask on my e71 with ease, i hav even left games running in the background overnight and the phone still has power in the morning.

Try all this with the iphone; no multitask by default and with backgrounder the battery will b dead in a few hours.

Symbian os has a feature called demand paging where app resources are loaded on demand, sending apps to background will see most of its modules being wiped from memory.

The os also puts cpu power to the minimum of what is needed, being able to shut down 95% of ram and cpu to conserve power. The os shuts down apps wen memory gets low, something just recently introduced into winmo and somethng that android lacks- maximum hav to be pre programmed.

All this makes it a true smartphone os, being able to think 'smartly'. Iphone lacks every single one of those, just to show how dumb and crippled the os is.

Symbian just needs a new ui, thats all.. Its smarter than other 'smartphone' os, somethng where only resource hungry winmo can match.

Europe hav always been ahead of america. Remember the razr craze? During the razr craze europe had phones like 6600, 6630, n70, sx1.

Blackberry is almost unknwn outside of the us, iphone 3g sold only 1000 iphones in a week when in first went to india.

Jamaica is under too much influence from the less advanced us, we should look to europe.

To show hw stupid the counterclaim is apple's stocks fell by 1% upon its announcement. Mayb it is that stockholders arent too convinced that apple is in a good position to win.

Its as far as claiming to hav patents on gui, usb and fire goes lol
    Last edited by kalel17; Dec 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    I have 55 apps installed on my e71 and its just as fast as ever, the last time i formatted was 2 months ago. No crash no freezes.

This thing is running on a cpu that is less than half the performance of the iphone 3g omap2 cpu.

Response on the phone is lightening fast and immediate. The iphone's ui is only pretty, nothing smart about it. Its basically a phone for apps lol. I can multitask on my e71 with ease, i hav even left games running in the background overnight and the phone still has power in the morning.

Try all this with the iphone; no multitask by default and with backgrounder the battery will b dead in a few hours.

Symbian os has a feature called demand paging where app resources are loaded on demand, sending apps to background will see most of its modules being wiped from memory.

The os also puts cpu power to the minimum of what is needed, being able to shut down 95% of ram and cpu to conserve power. The os shuts down apps wen memory gets low, something just recently introduced into winmo and somethng that android lacks- maximum hav to be pre programmed.

All this makes it a true smartphone os, being able to think 'smartly'. Iphone lacks every single one of those, just to show how dumb and crippled the os is.

Symbian just needs a new ui, thats all.. Its smarter than other 'smartphone' os, somethng where only resource hungry winmo can match.

Europe hav always been ahead of america. Remember the razr craze? During the razr craze europe had phones like 6600, 6630, n70, sx1.

Blackberry is almost unknwn outside of the us, iphone 3g sold only 1000 iphones in a week when in first went to india.

Jamaica is under too much influence from the less advanced us, we should look to europe.

To show hw stupid the counterclaim is apple's stocks fell by 1% upon its announcement. Mayb it is that stockholders arent too convinced that apple is in a good position to win.

Its as far as claiming to hav patents on gui, usb and fire goes lol
    listen to this man, he speaks the truth. nokia+ symbian kicks iphone arse all day.
    Last edited by duberryd; Jan 21, 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rademe View Post
    Cant see the part where they say Apple was suing for a specific model of nokia....

What you said about OS?!!!!!! Dnt go down that road.... i beggeth of theee.....

We gobble up crap given such as iPhones and BBs
    and european gobble up the SLOUCHY SLOW MACHINES made my Nokia...
    and Sony (Which is fairly good)

Nokia to me is like a rip off smart fone... its only claims its smart....
    and symbian in Nokias suck!
    I have ALOT of experience and they ALL get slouchy after u install about 10 apps or so.....

Nokia + Symbian = CRAP.....
    Sony + Symbian = OK....

Having a Nokia smartphone is like having a PC, Hardware wise it is way superior to most. The OS is basic in terms of UI but as kalel17 said, but its way better at the core.

Remember the Mac OSX is BSD at the core but all apple really did was create a great UI. The Mach kernel had to be shafted for something much better but still doesn't perform like a windows XP PC of similar cost.

Gimme the great hardware first then I can go for my choice of OS, If all smartphones had similar hardware, I would definitely pay the premium for the Iphone, with that amazing UI.

Nokia is getting in the UI game late but better late than never. I hope Apple and others continue to innovate and come up with other amazing stuff and not just sit down and watch the others surpass them.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Having a Nokia smartphone is like having a PC, Hardware wise it is way superior to most. The OS is basic in terms of UI but as kalel17 said, but its way better at the core.

Remember the Mac OSX is BSD at the core but all apple really did was create a great UI. The Mach kernel had to be shafted for something much better but still doesn't perform like a windows XP PC of similar cost.

Gimme the great hardware first then I can go for my choice of OS, If all smartphones had similar hardware, I would definitely pay the premium for the Iphone, with that amazing UI.

Nokia is getting in the UI game late but better late than never. I hope Apple and others continue to innovate and come up with other amazing stuff and not just sit down and watch the others surpass them.
    yes but they will soon hav to pay royalty for building a phone with a gui lol since apple invented it.. Msdos any1?

Nokia had hildon on symbian but killed it allong wit s90 for the more basic s60. Hildon is what the maemo tablets ui are based on.

The first major change to the ui of symbian will b s^3 in july where s60s death will start. Screenplay will be enabled as the new ui engine. For those who dont know, the entire iphone gui is hw accelerated based on opengl es. This enables fast transitions and quick startup of apps. Transitions on s60 is software accelerated so it will stutter and slow down while running tasks in the background. To make it worst the max framerate is 15fps compared to 60fps on the iphone so any dropped frames will be noticed.

Screenplay is a new opengl es hw accelerated gui engine for symbian. It features 'layering' where each app is on its own layer. E.g. If u are watchn a video and an sms comes in one, tap and the translucent sms layer flips over the vid allowin u to notice wat is goin on in d vid while replyin and switch if necessary.

From the mock up vids i hav seen the whole concept seems interest. Things like a near field thngy allows the transfer of data by touch the phones together.

Alot of interestin thing to come in the next 6 months