Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerned About Privacy? You're Probably up to no Good, Says Google CEO

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    I smell a hypocrite. I guess privacy is just an illusion these days. Woe is us
    This is funny lol

him same one a se we dont have a right to privacy and yet...

Privacy is a thing off the past .
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

the only privacy you have is the one in your mind, cos ppl cant tap minds...... i'm not a big business man, so right now i dont have nothin hiding. anything me have wey them waan faas in, their business.....
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

jackal Guest

.................................................. ....................
    Last edited by jackal; Apr 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    You may see it as a violation to quote "peep on your daughter" due to the gender issue so are you also stating that you wouldn't want your wife to keep an eye on your daughter to make sure "she not doing anything wrong"?
    It just goes to show that privacy has its place and mighty Google doesn't hold a moral high ground on an individuals right to privacy.

No matter how hard him watch that catty, she will still manage to get by him with ease.

I believe that his statements are quite disrespectful of peoples rights. Since a certain date these comments have become much more common among his type.
    THANK GOD

I am going to go ahead and said i called it, i stumbled across this today:

Yep, it's our old friend IYHNTHYHNTF, or If You Have Nothing To Hide You Have Nothing To Fear. Which is pretty ironic when it comes from someone who blacklisted an entire news network back in 2005 when it had the temerity to Google for and publish online the name of Schmidt's wife, details of his extra-curricular activities and some of the profits he'd made from selling shares.

It turns out there are two kinds of privacy: the kind of privacy you and we should expect, and the kind of privacy the CEO of a major technology company should expect.

The difference, of course, is that Schmidt's privacy doesn't make any difference to Google's bottom line - but your privacy does, just as it does with Facebook.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/intern...privacy-657232

its all about $$$$
    Last edited by techie2000; Dec 11, 2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: long quote

Quote Originally Posted by jackal View Post
    Jackal the person who wrote that is not being realistic as the old school would say "he wants to have his cake and eat it" (I think the quote is) time has changed we as a people have evolved our technology to a point that in a way we have forfeited our so call freedom if the minority believes in the Liberty and the majority wants absolute protection who is he to think that the entire system should change to appeal to him and the minority well anyway expecting the average person to be realistic is wishful thinking.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    LINK

Boy mi a tell yu.

IF they wanna watch.... let them watch! google, government, CIA - someone's watching.

Quote Originally Posted by overboost View Post
    IF they wanna watch.... let them watch! google, government, CIA - someone's watching.
    In Google's case they should be as generous as Magna and share the profit with the peoples who's info you plan on mining and selling. Don t you think?

Governments spend years and billions convincing people to give up their rights and when that fails they do it covertly.

But with Google its all for profit and then they turn around and throw it in your face. Thats not right.
    THANK GOD

here is so irony for you:
    In a not-uncommon development for the social-networking leader, Facebook's recently released privacy controls are leaving the company a bit red-faced. As a result of a new policy that by default makes users' profiles, photos and friends lists available on the web, almost 300 personal photos of founder Mark Zuckerberg became publicly available, a development that had gossip sites like Gawker yukking it up.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20091212/tc_nf/70579