Thread: MS Access - Updating Information

Unhappy MS Access - Updating Information

I have a simple Access DB that I am creating to enter support information...everything works well except for the information that I need to update using a form. Eg. If a support ticket is logged, and later that ticket is closed, i need the person to be able to enter the date closed and the person who closed it, along with any other new information that needs to be entered. I have set the form to auto-populates with anyinformation that is currently in the table when the particular support ticket number is chosen, but, whenever i try to change/add anything it tells me i am duplicating information that is already there - based on the primary key - which is the support ticket number. How can i set it so that it updates the info and not duplicate it?

I have searched the forum and the help but i havent found anything...guess its such a simple problem that no one has ever had an issue solving it before...any help and suggestions are welcomed...its the only thing i have outstanding on this thing...thanks!
    JA-MEK-I-CAN

While I have not yet solved my issue, I thought I would share a very useful website that I used to make some modifications to my project...
    http://www.fontstuff.com/access/index.htm

Still looking for a way to solve this issue of getting the table to append and not try to create a new record....still searching...

UPDATE: Got it sorted!!
    Last edited by angeleta; Dec 4, 2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Update!
    JA-MEK-I-CAN